• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • William.blanks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2021
    Bloomington, Indiana
    What is everyone’s thoughts and experiences on SCCY?
    I’m looking to get my first ccw, and I have a price limit of 250. I will never carry a high point so I’m looking at other options. SCCY is a affordable option but I don’t know anyone that has experience with them.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    If you can afford better, then I suggest buying something better, Especially for a carry gun.

For a range gun, buy whatever and try it out, but for something that may actually be relied upon to save your life, buy something that has a reputation for being reliable.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I have a Taurus G2C and I have no qualms or reservations about carrying it. It's not my EDC but I do carry it from time to time and it's been 100% reliable for me when practicing with it. I paid less than $200 for it new a few years ago.

All that said, I wouldn't recommend anyone set an artificial price limit on a tool meant to save your life. Your wife may just need a little more information or education about pricing of common reliable handguns. They're aren't many that retail under $250 that I would trust my life to.

William.blanks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2021
    Bloomington, Indiana
    I have a Taurus G2C and I have no qualms or reservations about carrying it. It's not my EDC but I do carry it from time to time and it's been 100% reliable for me when practicing with it. I paid less than $200 for it new a few years ago.

All that said, I wouldn't recommend anyone set an artificial price limit on a tool meant to save your life. Your wife may just need a little more information or education about pricing of common reliable handguns. They're aren't many that retail under $250 that I would trust my life to.
    There is no changing her mind. She actually hates guns. Grew up around them but hates them. So it’s that or a big ass argument.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Save longer, sell something around the house for the extra, do whatever you have to do, but purchase a proven, high quality firearm with a strong company backing it up.

I am partial to the Shield, but S&W makes other nice pistols as well as Glock and a few others.

IMO, you won't go wrong with a Glock or a Smith.

I see, she hates them but you are looking for yourself but have to remain in budget.

$250 will be tough and most likely Shields and Glocks will be out even in the used market.

Good luck in your search. Others here can help with Taurus's. I have no issues with Taurus but only have experience with their revolvers. I have heard that they have improved quite a bit the past few years.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    You don't need to drive a $100,000 automobile.
    But you don't want to drive keep fixing a $1,000 automobile.

Same concept applies to firearms (perhaps especially so).

And frankly, no matter what you decide to carry (no shame in the tools you use) please, please, PLEASE spend time & money getting training in its use.

That's not just knowledge for you, but also experience with your chosen firearm:
    • when does it fail?
    • how do I fix it?
    • will this really work for me?
    • what are its limitations?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I won’t get either of those 2. And as stated I can afford better. Y’all don’t ****ing read
    Your right, my bad. I did not read close enough which is why I went back and edited my post.

No need to get angry. We are well meaning people trying to help you get what you need/ask but also we are known to try to present a different perspective at times.

As far as buying in Bloomington, you might want to consider traveling or online. I have never purchased a firearm in Bloomington.

Welcome to the forum!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Your best bet may be a private sale. You can withdraw $250 from your bank, maybe sell some stuff for cash on the side or include some items for trade as part of the deal. That way technically you're only spending $250.

William.blanks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2021
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Your right, my bad. I did not read close enough which is why I went back and edited my post.

No need to get angry. We are well meaning people trying to help you get what you need/ask but also we are known to try to present a different perspective at times.

As far as buying in Bloomington, you might want to consider traveling or online. I have never purchased a firearm in Bloomington.

Welcome to the forum!
    Bloomington sucks for hun buying. American arms has decent deals but their ammo is like 20 bucks for a small box

Top Bottom