• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZachJ03

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Picked up an upcoming birthday present today! Its a 1942 date 91/30. The numbers on the bottom of magazine, bolt carrier, and top all match. The only number that is different is the one C.A.I. looks to have put on it., on the side. The stock is in pretty nice shape. Picked it up for $99 at the local gun shop, seems to be a normal price. It came with the bayonette, sling, few parts, and magazine pouches. Im ready to tear it down and play in the comesoline! Ill also post a pic of my other newer rifle. Its a Norinco SKS-M. I feel pretty lucky to have come across the M at my local shop, they seem kind of rare.

9-1-11025.jpg picture by zachj03 - Photobucket

9-1-11026.jpg picture by zachj03 - Photobucket

8-19-11005.jpg picture by zachj03 - Photobucket

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Happy birthday and nice looking rifle.

1942 means it is a good chance it saw I action in WWII I would think. So that is a very cool piece of history. I would pay $99 for it no questions.

They are very addictive I want another already.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    I will be having Mosin addiction rehab session. Contact for details. :D

Congrats I have a dragoon.

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Congrats! I love mine. After 5 rounds you actually feel like you've accomplished something. Lol

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Congrats on your first Mosin! :rockwoot:

The Mosin Nagant is a simple, durable, and FUN rifle; always a welcome addition to any collection. Keep it clean! Watch out for corosive ammo. There are a TON of threads here on INGO about Mosins. The Search function will be your new best friend.

Your rifle looks beautiful! The wood has a really nice shine to it! I really like it, and the looks of it!

Minor note: I'm all for modifying the Mosins, but if I were you, I'd leave that one alone and buy another to play with! :twocents: Your Mosin is just too pretty to mess with... :drool:

Does anyone else think this guy might be a pirate? Usually gun pictures of toes sneaking in at the bottom, I see 2 peg legs in this one...
    9-1-11025.jpg

Last edited:

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    It's a Mosin. You have to stand on a chair to get it all in. Good thing he didn't have the bayonet attached or you'd have rain gutter instead of peg legs, since he'd have to be on the roof.

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    It's a Mosin. You have to stand on a chair to get it all in. Good thing he didn't have the bayonet attached or you'd have rain gutter instead of peg legs, since he'd have to be on the roof.

:lmfao:

Either way, congrats to the OP, that's a nice looking Mosin!!!

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Congrats on your first Mosin! :rockwoot:

The Mosin Nagant is a simple, durable, and FUN rifle; always a welcome addition to any collection. Keep it clean! Watch out for corosive ammo. There are a TON of threads here on INGO about Mosins. The Search function will be your new best friend.

Your rifle looks beautiful! The wood has a really nice shine to it! I really like it, and the looks of it!

Minor note: I'm all for modifying the Mosins, but if I were you, I'd leave that one alone and buy another to play with! :twocents: Your Mosin is just too pretty to mess with... :drool:

Does anyone else think this guy might be a pirate? Usually gun pictures of toes sneaking in at the bottom, I see 2 peg legs in this one...
    9-1-11025.jpg
    Yeah there ar plenty out there that the stocks are beat to hell find one of those to play with. My next Mosin will be the crappiest one I can find with a good bore, and then I take it from there and see what happens.

ChromeLined

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    I have a 1939, fun to shoot, recoil feels less than my 30-30.Just dont take the word corrosive lightly.My cousin has a 1943, after test firing 10 rounds through it.He cleaned his like a cheap 22, and now he has a beautiful 1943 91/30, with pitting hidden on the top of his magazine, where the screw goes into the receiver lol.It doesnt take long

Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    That stock is beautiful, I'm picking up an M44 today, and I hope that it looks anywhere near as nice as this one.

Top Bottom