• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZachJ03

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Thanks for the replies. Its cool to know that it may have seen actual war time. The stock is in pretty nice shape though, would that mean that it may have not seen war time, or maybe it was redone before being sent over?

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Congrats on getting such a beautiful Mosin!

I second the motion to get a 1" rubber buttpad though--less than ten bucks on Amazon.
    I just shot mine with newly installed rubber pad on it and after 60 rounds today, my shoulder for once does NOT feel like it's been beaten to death by a steel plate. :rockwoot:

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Thanks for the replies. Its cool to know that it may have seen actual war time. The stock is in pretty nice shape though, would that mean that it may have not seen war time, or maybe it was redone before being sent over?

Being a 1942 you can be assured that it saw action. Looking at your pic the stock was replaced during the refurb process.

whatscooking

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Madison,In
    With it being that year i would check to see if it might be a X sniper, i found one, look inside where your bolt slides and look for two screw holes that have been welded up on the outside.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    My M44 doesn't kick huge but after 20-25 rounds I get the same SN as the steel butt plate on my shoulder. :D

Your right it's not bad but grab one of the rubber butts and save you the worry down the road.
    Rubber but plates are for nazis lol But I would never do that to my 1925

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Hello,

If you go to my site you'll find a lot of resources for your Mosin.

I make the sights, but I host others whose work I'm impressed with. Redbird Gun Parts make an awesome hard rubber recoil pad and their stripper clips are inexpensive and work extremely well.

The gunsmith I host is dedicated to the Mosin-Nagant like other gunsmiths are dedicated to 1911s and such.

Another gent makes sight pushers. Real handy tool there.

Regards,

Josh

Top Bottom