• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    You are correct. Chezuki was sitting next to me when I started screaming after mercop got me in the side fat from the table behind us!

Yeah but how many times did he ask you to pass the ketchup before that?

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    What’s everyone using these days? I’m still rocking my Fenix but I know light technology has come a long way in the past 5-6 years.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I've been carrying a little Olight S10 for several years now. I've beaten the living hell out of it and it just works. The magnet on the tailcap is a great feature, but even greater is the ability to clip it to the bill of your hat. I'll be using that Saturday night when we do some nighttime wiper fishing, weather permitting!

Every Olight I've had has been 100%. I had a rubber cover on a switch come off and they sent a new one right away.

I've got a couple Fenix lights, too, and they've been very good. I had a TK-15 stop working a couple years after purchase. I contacted them for repair and instead they just sent me a new one that had improvements over the original.

My fav, though, is a 12,000 lumen Olight I picked up for a steal. That thing is unreal. I only wish it were less of a flood and more of a spot beam.

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    I'm currently carrying an OLight Baton Pro which puts out 2000 lumens. It has a built in usb based charger so I can always keep it charged up. Prior to that, I used an Emisar D4. The output of it was unreal, something like 4000 lumens from 4 CREE LEDs. However, the beam intensity was so hot, it would burn holes in pockets if accidentally turned on. After ruining too many pairs of pants... I decided the lumen race wasn't worth it. I've also got a Zebra light SC600 but it is just a bit too big for EDC pocket carry.

--Rick

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I’m a fan of Olight. Drop them in a bowl of water for a couple of hours, you’ll both change your minds. I can submerge ALL of my SF lights, and a good plenty of my Streamlights. I’ve had ZERO luck with Olight or Fenix when water is involved. I used to bash Streamlight, but they’ve upped their game substantial like. I spend a LOT of time on rivers, streams, lakes in the summer months, and Olight, and Fenix lights have failed every time they dropped in the drink. As always, YMMV.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I’m a fan of Olight. Drop them in a bowl of water for a couple of hours, you’ll both change your minds. I can submerge ALL of my SF lights, and a good plenty of my Streamlights. I’ve had ZERO luck with Olight or Fenix when water is involved. I used to bash Streamlight, but they’ve upped their game substantial like. I spend a LOT of time on rivers, streams, lakes in the summer months, and Olight, and Fenix lights have failed every time they dropped in the drink. As always, YMMV.

I've had my S10 submerged several times with no issue, but not for 2 hours. Yikes.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    My latest is a Fenix UC35 USB rechargable. I found it clearanced at REI just before covid-19 shut them down. I'm liking it so far.

Top Bottom