• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    ... Seriously, the sole purpose for sexual activity in all species prone to it is PROCREATION. Any sexual activity that isn't for the purpose of PROCREATION is technically deviant and sodomy. Sodomy is actually a crime in most states.

Science is not a field where "consensus" applies nor does it "evolve". Sure when new evidence is found it can change a theory or hypothesis, but facts cannot be changed. I ask again, in nature, what purpose does sexual activity serve other than procreation? And we're not talking about pseudo sciences like sociology here either. That is more a "study" of behavior rather than an actual science. As far as lots of people that shouldn't be having sex needing to stop, I agree but there is a thing called free will and then there's that pesky little liberty thing....No need to outlaw anything (contraception) there is no room for the gov. or their laws in personal choice, which I fully support. However there certainly shouldn't be laws forcing those in disagreement to pay for it either. There certainly shouldn't be laws allowing those not procreating the subsidy afforded those that are procreating. You seem to overlook the entire purpose of state involvement in marriage to begin with, additionally I think in modern times that the state should get back out of the marriage business to begin with as there is no population problem, no shortage of people that is, therefore no further need to reward those that reproduce. Just as a side note, my wife and myself ARE NOT married in the eyes of the state/government, DO NOT take any subsidies for procreation and ARE married in the eyes of God, one another, and our 3 children as well as our families. We lead by example in those areas and have conviction in our beliefs.
    Sounds like you have a good traditional marriage, which is cause for celebration. No need to respond, but just ask yourself one question: Do you and your wife feel a special bond from sharing physical intimacy beyond procreation?

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Sounds like you have a good traditional marriage, which is cause for celebration. No need to respond, but just ask yourself one question: Do you and your wife feel a special bond from sharing physical intimacy beyond procreation?
    If your asking whether or not we "scr**" without the intent of procreating, yes. However there isn't "intimacy" involved in the traditional sense, it is more a physical act leading to orgasm much like urinating is a physical act leading to emptying the bladder. Does God smile upon such activities? I doubt it. Call it "mutual masturbation" involving both of us. Is there "intimacy" involved in jerking off? Nothing "special" about it, nor is there a bond involved. Our "bond" is our commitment to one another and our family.

Sorry if that's TMI, but I am not ashamed of it, nor will I attempt to pretend it is something more than it is. We save emotion for more productive purposes. Maybe we are vulcan?

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    This would be true if you accepted that homosexuality was in fact a mutation. There are other theories available that do not rely upon a mutated gene.
    Oh you mean like the last sentence in my post?

If you're going to read and respond to a post, read the whole thing, please.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    It's amazing how fast the genes mutate in a prison enviroment. I reckon those fellows were suppressing their homosexuality and prison allowed them to really just "let go" and "be themselves" so to speak.

Poor Billy Hayes had to spend a couple of years in a Turkish Prison to find out he was gay.(At least until he got out, then he wrote a book and found out he was straight after all.) And what about Anne Heche??? She was straight, then turned gay, then her career took off and miracle of miracles, she found out she was straight again. It's amazing what dating a high profile lesbian actress (Ellen Degeneres) in Hollywood can do for ones career. It's almost like its...a...choice...

The gay community needs a punk rock movement to get them to admit it's a deviant behaviour (by definition, deviant meaning "straying away from the norm") and then embrace it and wear as a badge of honor, instead of trying to convince people with Lady GaGa songs and Barney Frank diatribes. If you truely love yourself so much that you want someone with the same organs as you then embrace it and for goodness sake drop the rainbow. It's not very "punk".

What if all gay people are all really straight and they are suppressing their heterosexuality?

Last edited:

Lupin3rd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Indianapolis
    One problem is this discussion is taking place in the philosophical realm in tandem with anecdotal evidence peppered with false dichotomies and speculation. Is homosexuality a choice? If you define homosexuality by sexual acts with the same sex then ultimately anyone with the willpower to abstain from sexual behavior can be argued that their sexuality is a choice. However, if we define homosexuality as sexual attraction to the same sex then things get complicated. One generally does not choose whom they are attracted to just like no one here chose to enjoy firearms, everyone here just has an innate enjoyment of firearms.

As far as science goes, homosexuality has its root causes stemming from environment, genetics, and hormones. Also, homo/hetero-sexuality isn't a black and white thing, human sexuality is a continuum. There has even been a scale devised to more accurately classify human sexuality called the Kinsey Scale. If you're ready to let go of preconceived notions and learn some paradigm-changing science then click on the links below.

On Human Genetics and Hormones
    [ame]http://youtu.be/xKqKsXdokCM[/ame]

On the Kinsey Scale
    Kinsey scale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you're up for a marathon read:
    Human sexuality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    One generally does not choose whom they are attracted to just like no one here chose to enjoy firearms, everyone here just has an innate enjoyment of firearms.

Who is to say that there are none among us who don't really get a charge out of firearms but understand history and human nature well enough to accept them as necessary tools, much in the same way I don't get any thrill out of possessing a fire extinguisher but still insist on having one?

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    Who is to say that there are none among us who don't really get a charge out of firearms but understand history and human nature well enough to accept them as necessary tools, much in the same way I don't get any thrill out of possessing a fire extinguisher but still insist on having one?

If you don't enjoy possessing and using a fire extinguisher, you're doing it wrong.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    And just how do you know that "no-one is born gay"? Do you have some scientific evidence that the rest of the world doesn't? There's more than enough evidence from scientific studies to point to the fact that being gay is something that is innate and that people ARE born gay. I really would like to see your scientific evidence to the contrary.

What scientific studies and how would that evidence support one way or another? Even scientists alter their own evidence and conclusions...climate change is fine example of a large "scientific study". We aren't born gay anymore than baboon...though I watched them play with themselves at the zoo and throw their feces at visitors. The natural state is a conjugal union of a man and a woman.

Lupin3rd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Indianapolis

To extend the metaphor, they would be akin to those who are asexual in our population.

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    The whole gene issue is just a way for humans to rationalize away responsibility for their actions. You can engage in any sort of behavior you want and just say "I can't help it, I was born that way. It's in my genes." Human beings are alway looking for a way to get out of responsibility for themselves and to make excuses for what they do. Science is inherently flawed because it is conducted by humans. There are always motives behind every study done and someone pays for the research to be done. That someone has a certain result that they want and the researchers know that to keep the grant money rolling in they need to show results that lean toward the wanted conclusion. For every study done there is another one showing almost exactly opposite results. Scientists rarely agree. The Theories that get all the press and get touted as fact are the ones that the media(and the big money) wants you to see. Examples: Global warming as caused by man as FACT when it is most definitely NOT proven and the "gay" gene when no such gene has ever been proven and in FACT very little is actually understood about genes in general. Lots of theories and guesses that get spoken as fact, but very few actual facts. Do a google search on falsified scientific research. The amount of shenanigans in science is astounding. Enough to make anyone second guess whether or not to believe anything that comes from the scientific community, especially on politically charged topics. Just like everything else it all comes down to three things.... MONEY, CONTROL OF OTHERS, an PROMULGATION OF IDEAS(usually liberal). There is BIG money in global warming.From mega dollars to researchers to "green" business to advertising. There is POWER in global warming. Look at all the new laws and regulations enacted in the name of climate change and fear of earth ending consequences. There is PROMULGATION OF IDEAS in the study of genes. The "We can't help it" idea. The "We should accept and condone every type of behavior because we have no control over it" mentality. This type of attitude will be the downfall of us. If there is no right and wrong then there is chaos. We live in an age of unprecedented propaganda. It's everywhere. Don't drink the kool-aid folks.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    The whole gene issue is just a way for humans to rationalize away responsibility for their actions. You can engage in any sort of behavior you want and just say "I can't help it, I was born that way. It's in my genes." Human beings are alway looking for a way to get out of responsibility for themselves and to make excuses for what they do. Science is inherently flawed because it is conducted by humans. There are always motives behind every study done and someone pays for the research to be done. That someone has a certain result that they want and the researchers know that to keep the grant money rolling in they need to show results that lean toward the wanted conclusion. For every study done there is another one showing almost exactly opposite results. Scientists rarely agree. The Theories that get all the press and get touted as fact are the ones that the media(and the big money) wants you to see. Examples: Global warming as caused by man as FACT when it is most definitely NOT proven and the "gay" gene when no such gene has ever been proven and in FACT very little is actually understood about genes in general. Lots of theories and guesses that get spoken as fact, but very few actual facts. Do a google search on falsified scientific research. The amount of shenanigans in science is astounding. Enough to make anyone second guess whether or not to believe anything that comes from the scientific community, especially on politically charged topics. Just like everything else it all comes down to three things.... MONEY, CONTROL OF OTHERS, an PROMULGATION OF IDEAS(usually liberal). There is BIG money in global warming.From mega dollars to researchers to "green" business to advertising. There is POWER in global warming. Look at all the new laws and regulations enacted in the name of climate change and fear of earth ending consequences. There is PROMULGATION OF IDEAS in the study of genes. The "We can't help it" idea. The "We should accept and condone every type of behavior because we have no control over it" mentality. This type of attitude will be the downfall of us. If there is no right and wrong then there is chaos. We live in an age of unprecedented propaganda. It's everywhere. Don't drink the kool-aid folks.

was going to rep you but apparently i repped you last and it wouldnt let me

jake

Top Bottom