• ...and so much more!
  • andfc

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Have you guys seen any of the Mosins that people have hacked down to pistols? Two hand firing only! I would love to see one of those firing off in the dark..... talk about a fireball! :alright:

Mosin pistol - YouTube

Not all that dark out, but I'd still expect more flash. Doesn't look like much fun... I love the round, but I don't see much advantage to putting it in something that size, let alone come up with an entirely new action that can handle the ridiculous 7.62x54R pressures and recoil, not to mention the corrosive ammo.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    Mosin pistol - YouTube

Not all that dark out, but I'd still expect more flash. Doesn't look like much fun... I love the round, but I don't see much advantage to putting it in something that size, let alone come up with an entirely new action that can handle the ridiculous 7.62x54R pressures and recoil, not to mention the corrosive ammo.
    When i thought of this, it was for people who live in bear country. Something that can carried with them as back up, just in case. 500 mag is very expensive. the weapon i am thinking about is about the same size, cost very little to shoot, and has serious knock down power for what ever a person may come across in the wilderness.
    The idea of using mosin chambers may work with a lot of milling. Stuff 5 of them into a steel tube and fill in the gaps with a tig welder. That should make the cylinder, now the frame. either taurus judge for its length, or BFR same reason. cut down barrel from one of the mosins. and a really nice hogue grip.:draw: corrosive ammo is only bad if you dont clean after shooting. Something you should be doing with regular ammo.

I will figure this out and make one. when done i will post pics and reviews.

Top Bottom