• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chapparal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    B'town
    How about a Mares Leg???? Cut down a sporterized Enfield to match the above?

I like your kind of "stupid" and would love to watch the video of that! Bet I'd shoot my eye out though....

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    What is a Remington Charger?:dunno:

All I can find is the doodad that you use to juice up your Remington 'lectric Razor.

I think he meant Ruger...

index.jpg

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    I have always had crazy ideas jump into my head and wont go away till i do something, so hear it is.
    A Revolver thats shoots....... wait for it.........
    7.62x54r.
    i figure a judge 3 inch cylinder would be the starting point, a 30 caliber barrel, 2-3 inch will be fine, remember mentally ustable.
    and a really brave/stupid person to try it first, i vote me.
    thoughts?:D

You ARE mentally unstable. Talk about a wrist breaker! I'd watch someone shoot it though! :D

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    Not a revolver, but I bet you could get a barrel built for an Encore to shoot that round, they already have 30-06 pistol barrels for it.

I've sold a few 5.45x39 and 7.62x54R Encore RIFLE barrels.

I get asked at least once a week to build 7.62x54 and 5.45x39 PISTOL barrels and won't do it.

Remember the fiasco with Olympic Arms and their 7.62x39 pistol, and what it did to the inexpensive ammunition back then?

http://www.recguns.com/Sources/IIL3.html

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    some rifle rounds put into cut down barrrels do not have the energy of the full barrel..
    Rifle powder does not burn as fast as pistol powder.. you might just get a weak pop & a big fireball..

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    You could make one of these probably for less than having a revolver custom made. I can't remember if it's considered SBR or AOW if you get a virgin receiver and build up or take the rifle and chop down or both. I think it would be pretty awesome either way.

2C71C0CD.jpg

Fake...... that photo has so much photoshop blur it's pathetic.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Could get 4 or 5 Mosins, cut the barrels down to the chamber plus a smidge, weld them into a circular form with indexing & all, there's your cylinder. Chambers rated for the cartridge. Make up a fixture for that and you could set them up precisely. Piece of one of the barrels for the pistol, put it all in a frame. Might want to use an existing revolver for the backside, reinforced as needed. I'd consider setting it up with the barrel off the bottom of the cylinder like a Rhino, just because of the sledgehammer recoil. You got me thinkin, man, stop it.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    Could get 4 or 5 Mosins, cut the barrels down to the chamber plus a smidge, weld them into a circular form with indexing & all, there's your cylinder. Chambers rated for the cartridge. Make up a fixture for that and you could set them up precisely. Piece of one of the barrels for the pistol, put it all in a frame. Might want to use an existing revolver for the backside, reinforced as needed. I'd consider setting it up with the barrel off the bottom of the cylinder like a Rhino, just because of the sledgehammer recoil. You got me thinkin, man, stop it.
    Now thats the kind of answers i was looking for, not say it would be hard, or impossible, but ideas how to make it happen. I have one mosin just need 4 more and i start cutting.

Top Bottom