• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brown

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I have been into FLF a few times since they opened and bought some ammo there since they have very reasonable prices. Nice atmosphere and the owners are nice easy guys to talk with. When I finally save enough to buy the G27 I have been wanting the business will go to them

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm happy to see the tide has turned for Fort Liberty. My son and I were in there a week or so ago, me for the first time and Craig for the second or third time.

We were treated properly. The guys asked if we needed help, and then they watched us shop. The inventory was decent.

While we were there, some guy came in an tried to convince them that even though he had been denied for purchase of several guns at Fort Liberty, he knew somebody at the ATF named Mark who told him to tell the store it was ok to sell to him because he was really buying the guns for someone else. For some reason, the countermen weren't buying his story and didn't sell him any guns this time either.

As I was leaving, I thought maybe I would try a similar approach and told them that some guy at the ATF told me to tell them that they were supposed to give me some guns for free. I didn't have any better look that the other guy. One of the salesmen allowed he would give me a gun, but it would be up my ..., well, you know.

Good little laugh there. I hope that guy trying to put one over on them wasn't an INGOer.

crosby841

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    HK

Saw a HK p7 there on Friday. It's hard chrome and I tried looking it up but can't find one like that. Did they come that way? Apparently, it's a consignment piece, and a real nice one. Anybody have one of these?

lVl_G_D

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2009
    Great place to shop or just hang out...in there the other day and it is a very nice shop. They even offered me free coffee.

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    Stopped in at Fort Liberty today and picked up a used, like new, 77/22, for a very good price. Great place to buy, or just look around and shoot the breeze.

Johnner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    Agreed. Bought my XD 9mm there. Was used, but in perfect condition. Have been back several times for ammo and holster. Very helpful guys. Nice to have something so close to home.

crosby841

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    9mm

picked up a couple boxes of 9mm today. they had 2 boxes of federal left and about a dozen boxes of magtech.

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    Ft. Liberty in Avon Review

Reference Ft. Liberty in Avon. You guys have shared your experiences at Ft. Liberty guns in Avon and I'll share mine. I'm genuinely sorry that I cannot give them a good review. Believe me, I wish I could.

I was excited to have a new shop in Avon and stopped in there a couple of months ago and found it a bit cold. Did strike up a nice conversation with a guy that was just hangin around. Thought I'd give them another try and went back in a few weeks ago. 3 guys working behind counters. Didn't get their names as they didn't speak to me. They were having a conversation about their idea's about "customer service". Imagine my irritation of listening to them on that particular subject, while they were ignoring me. I was in the store about 10 minutes and no one even acknowledged my presence. Tried to make eye contact with anyone, they seemed to try avoid it. Walked around the store a couple of times and I left. Maybe I didn't wear my deodorant that day, don't know. Good luck to them and I wish them well, But I'm Done, Won't go back.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I'm not really the sensitive type, but I went in one day and they did not even bother to offer me a manicure or to hold my hand while I shopped. I honestly don't need much in a gunshop, but come on.....is just blowing me a kiss too much to ask for?!?

I'm not going back, unless my therapist thinks its a good idea.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I had Fort Liberty (Mike specifically) install a TFO sight on an 870 of mine. He did a great job, charged a fair price, and got it back to me in a shorter time than he originally quoted. They get a :yesway: from me.

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    If you must get a kiss, ask for Scott, he aims to please. I went in today and picked up a Colt Python for a good price and even better service. It was a really crowded, but I was waited on quickly. They're good folks to deal with.

Fort Liberty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    We will be closed this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for the Indy 1500 gun and knife show at the State Fairgrounds. Stop by and say hi.

Scott

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    +1 AGAIN ..........................for FORT LIBERTY .
    When I was in earlier today I looked at a Bersa .380 in Doutone. It had an excellent price on it. I called the "BOSS" as she had been wanting a second one. I asked Scott and he agreeded to hold it back so she could look at it after she got off of work. The wife and I planned to meet up at Fort Liberty later in that day. Well, the wife got there early, and by the time I walked in she had already looked it over, made her decision and was doing the 4473.
    Thanks to all of the employees, for the great service that you constantly provide!

crosby841

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    A huge thank you to Mike at Fort Liberty. He installed a Laserlyte rear sight laser on my Glock 19 in no time and didn't charge me a dime. Their shop is one of the best I've been to and my wife doesn't mind going there with me. I'm still not sure if that's a good thing.

Top Bottom