• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    A HUGE :+1: for Fort Liberty!!! First stop of the day and asked what good .308's they had. First one they hand me is a BEAUTIFUL Remmy 700! :D We talked for a while, but I had to run home for my UPIN number and came back. They had her right there waiting on me. :D These guys are great!

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, we should start an INGO collection to help them build a range. :p :rockwoot: :):

rrmark

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Avon
    I don't want hugs and kiss, but the words "what do you want" just didn't settle with me. It I was the only one there and it was like I was interrupting them. I was in there to purchase a pistol. They lost a sale. I thought I was at the soup Nazi. I am sure it was just a bad day for them.

rrmark

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Avon
    I don't know their names. And it was several months ago. I came in the store in good mood and had money to spend, not just to "kick the tires".
    You have done your homework, I love both. They are great additions to my collection.
    I know you get a lot of people who just come to look and spin the cylinders. If I find something I like, I'll buy it.
    Thanks for your response.

zky

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Based on feedback on this forum, I visited Ft. Liberty the other day just to look around.

Nice shop...nice people...and good prices. I'll definitely be returning. If you haven't checked out this shop, you should.

Fort Liberty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Indy 1500

We're closed today, tomorrow, and Sunday for the Indy 1500. Come see us at the fairgrounds. Stop by and introduce yourself, I'll be there tomorrow and Sunday.

Scott

jwdeal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2009
    Bought 2 pistols from them during the 1500 .. my first experience with them, I was very happy with the prices and service during the very busy show. The young man who waited on me and the young lady who took my credit card were both very nice and polite to deal with.

I will be driving to see their gunshop when I am over that way for sure, as well as looking for them in the next show.

By the way the reason I bought from them was not so much the price which was very reasonable but because of all the great comments posted here by fellow members.

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    Bought 2 pistols from them during the 1500 .. my first experience with them, I was very happy with the prices and service during the very busy show. The young man who waited on me and the young lady who took my credit card were both very nice and polite to deal with.

I will be driving to see their gunshop when I am over that way for sure, as well as looking for them in the next show.

By the way the reason I bought from them was not so much the price which was very reasonable but because of all the great comments posted here by fellow members.

Congrats on the new purchases. I just bought from them and am quite happy.

FYI when you come to see the shop, the pizza joint next door is pretty good. Just tried it out when the parents came to visit and was impressed.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Another +1 for Fort Liberty. I have picked up 2 pistols from them this month and feel like I got a great deal on them.

crosby841

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    It really is a great place. I know where I'm going to spend my Christmas money. BTW, if anyone wants to get me a present, a gift card there would be great.

dwrobb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    Carmel
    Little disappointed

:noway:
    I've purchased 3 handguns at Ft. Liberty in the past and have always been pleased with the prices and service. However, last week I stopped in at midday on Tuesday (when I knew they wouldn't be busy) and asked if they would take a look at my PT111 Pro that I had purchased there a couple of months ago.

It was a simple problem, you can visibly see that the rear sights weren't centered and my groupings at 10 yards were consistenly 5"-6" to the left (not just me, I had 3 friends fire it with the same results). Anyway, I had tried to adjust them myself but I couldn't budge the sights...and yes I removed the set screw beforehand. I was probably being over cautious about damaging the gun but I figured that since I visited the store frequently I would just have them do it. Boy was I wrong.

I was told by the guy behind the counter (not the owner) that, "being off 6" at 10 yards isn't bad" and "why don't I just leave it alone?" He wouldn't even consider helping me out and told me to read the manual. By the way, I was the only person in the store so it wasn't like they were super busy.

I don't think I'll buy another gun there.

Fort Liberty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    I am a little disappointed as well, in the absurdity of this post. I am usually the first to apologize if there is a problem, but this is extremely exaggerated at the very least. I can not find any evidence that this is even in the ballpark of an accurate description of what happened. An owner is always in the store and if there was a problem, we would have fixed it, or if we were unable, sent it back to be repaired under the lifetime warranty policy.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I've had nothing but top-flight service at Fort Liberty, and I'd advise giving the benefit of the doubt. They've earned it.

I can't imagine those guys saying 6" at 10 yards is normal. I thought it was fishy when I read that.

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    I visited the store frequently
    This is not a personal attack on the O/P

But my questions to the O/P are ,,,,,,,
    1)Why did you not deal with this issue(mis-allignment of sights) back in September when you first noticed it?

2)Since you know the owners...why did you not say something to them, in person?

It is no secret that I frequent Ft Liberty,as well as Bradis and PSS.. and have always been happy with the customer service at all three places(I was at all three yesterday 11/27).

That being said, if we as consumers do not stand up for ourselves, why should we expect anything but lousy service. It would be helpful if the individuals that have had bad experiences try to take a little time and seek out a resolution for any issues or problems they've experienced before posting negative comments here. That would give the members on here a clearer picture of the issue and how the establishment handled it.
    IE:
    What was the issue
    Was the management notified of the issue
    Was there an attempt to resolve the issue
    Final outcome of issue.
    :twocents:

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Was in the shop on 12/08/09, Was treated very well. Was looking at trading a .44 rifle, I think the guys name was Steve, treated me with respect and told me the truth. Bottom line, i liked the place and will definately return. The thing that really caught my eye was the cleaniness of the shop. Nice place guys!! Does Fort Liberty have a layaway?

Fort Liberty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Thanks for coming in, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. We do have layaway. The terms are 20% down, 30 days to pay. If you have any more questions, just stop in. Thanks

Scott

Top Bottom