• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've run out of Crickets, but I can still pass on my love for the shooting sports.
    I am going to give away a rifle on Friday, November 24th. I will draw a name at random from all eligible entries at precisely 8:00 pm and announce the recipient shortly thereafter.

This is a kids rifle, to be clear.
    It is a .22 caliber, single-shot, falling-block, lever action rifle.
    It bears the name, Ted Williams, and I think it was made by Savage, but not clear about that.

For those unfamiliar, Ted Williams was a major sports figure in the U.S.
    He had championships in more sportsthan most people can name.
    His name is on guns, and baseball bats, and horseshoes...

Anyway, to help perpetuate the sport I love, I want to give a child the chance to enjoy the sport too.

To be eligible, an Ingo member must have posted an introduction thread, and have at least 1 post outside of the introduction thread.
    I ask that you only enter kids of reasonable age and interest level.
    I'm not giving away a gun because I have too many.
    I want child to use this gun and grow with it.
    Maybe even pass it on to the next generation. generation.
    I don't care if the child is related to you or not, but please make sure the parent or guardian are o.k. with the child owning a rifle.

This rifle is NOT new, and has a couple if issues,but nothing that affects function.
    The plastic barrel band is broken on the top, but still does its job .

Post your child's name, first name only, for an entry.
    That's it, it's just that easy.
    I will pay for shipping, if necessary, but the recipients parent or guardian will be responsible for any transfer fee on your end if shipped.

So, just over 2-1/2 weeks to get your entries in.
    I will shut sown the entries at 7:00pm on the 24th and draw an hour later.

So, who wants a free rifle for a Christmas present this year? 20231105_013141.jpg

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    My nephew has been talking about getting his daughter Addilyn (Addi) a 22 soon. My brother n law got him and his brother matching Ruger 10/22 when he was a little older than she is now.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    If it's acceptable, I'll enter my granddaughters, Lilly, Dottie, Nova, and Raye. They already have a Chipmunk or Crickett set aside to start, but this rifle would make an excellent next step when they outgrow the single shots.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    This is a single-shot rifle.
    No magazine.
    Well rats ... I thought that I saw a tube magazine loading port at the front end of the stock like a Marlin 75. That's what I get for not reading your entire post and just looking at the picture.

No need for another single shot. Please remove my granddaughters from the drawing.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    My son Ryan, he's 9.

He just started getting interested in going hunting with me last year, so we got him a lever action Red Ryder BB gun to start practicing firearms safety with. Being a lever platform this would be an excellent next step.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I saw one of those years ago, and thought it was neat...hell, I'd love to have it.....lol.....
    OP, this is a great idea, and a great way to keep up interest in the shooting sports!! Good luck to those entering! Mgderf, blessings on you and yours...

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    Unfortunately I’m 29. I’ve been casually looking out for a decent example of that rifle for years. A Martinsville pawn shop had one recently but told me $550, so they still have it.

The martini action is interesting and hopefully sparks passion in a kid, like it did me years ago. Guns can be more than mag dumps and tactical electronics - a gun with design like this is art, with American history the average person can relate to.

Good on ya for doing this.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Unfortunately I’m 29. I’ve been casually looking out for a decent example of that rifle for years. A Martinsville pawn shop had one recently but told me $550, so they still have it.

The martini action is interesting and hopefully sparks passion in a kid, like it did me years ago. Guns can be more than mag dumps and tactical electronics - a gun with design like this is art, with American history the average person can relate to.

Good on ya for doing this.
    Well, I had no idea it is worth that kind of scratch.
    If I had done a little research I might not have been so quick to offer this rifle up.
    Oh well, it's already been announced, so it goes on as advertised.
    Of course, I'm going to have to throw in a bulk pack of ammo.

I bought this rifle decades ago and paid little to nothing for it at the time.
    I found it a curiosity.

I ran a few rounds through it this afternoon and it really is a pretty neat little rifle.
    If you work the lever hard enough it will toss the spent brass clear of the gun.

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    Well, I had no idea it is worth that kind of scratch.
    If I had done a little research I might not have been so quick to offer this rifle up.
    Oh well, it's already been announced, so it goes on as advertised.
    Of course, I'm going to have to throw in a bulk pack of ammo.

I bought this rifle decades ago and paid little to nothing for it at the time.
    I found it a curiosity.

I ran a few rounds through it this afternoon and it really is a pretty neat little rifle.
    If you work the lever hard enough it will toss the spent brass clear of the gun.
    Although I appreciate them - I think they were only $20 new, lol. It’s not really worth that asking price at the shop, which is why I left it there. You can find them as cheap as $150 and all the way to $5-600 depending on condition for the Ithaca - your store brand is less common, so other than Gunbroker recent sales it’s hard to put a value on it. Worth what someone is willing to pay.

Im glad you shot it some before letting it go. Those last rounds are always bittersweet for me.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Im glad you shot it some before letting it go. Those last rounds are always bittersweet for me.
    I have many more .22's.
    My favorite .22 is also a falling block.
    I have a Winchester model 1885 "Low Wall" that started life as a .22 short.
    Someone long before I came along rebarreled it for .22 long rifle, and they didn't go cheap.
    They used a Winchester model 52 barrel
    So I have a Low Wall that shoots .22lr longs, shorts...
    It may be slow follow up shots, but is just tons of fun.

Top Bottom