• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I submit that one of the hallmarks of liberal protests is mass arrests. I believe that some of these protesters attended with the goal of being arrested or handled in a way that would draw attention to their otherwise unnoticed rally.

I also submit for consideration the track record of liberal protests of the past, notable the Occupy / G8 / G12 / G20 protests that have resulted in widespread resistance, and sometimes (dare I say often...) violent protest. Police are on edge when ever there is a protest, liberal ones in particular.

In every video, the police were non-violent, gave plenty of warning, and the protesters made a determined effort to oppose the lawful orders of the officers.

EDIT: We all remember the stories of liberal infiltrators attending conservative rallys with the intent to cause just this sort of situation to blacken the reputation of the groups holding the protests. They were discovered, exposed and isolated, and they left.

Last edited:

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Do you have to file for a permit to choose your religion, exorcise your 4th and 5th amendment rights, etc? So why should I need a permit to carry a gun or to exorcise my right to free speech?

i have no problem required permits to protest on public property, along with ensuring that my ability to use the same property in a peaceful manner in the course of my day is upheld.

If they are blocking the sidewalk w/o a permit...kindly ask them t leave, if they choose not to leave or cease the protesting, write them tickets, if that does not work...its mace and zipstrips

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    i have no problem required permits to protest on public property, along with ensuring that my ability to use the same property in a peaceful manner in the course of my day is upheld.

If they are blocking the sidewalk w/o a permit...kindly ask them t leave, if they choose not to leave or cease the protesting, write them tickets, if that does not work...its mace and zipstrips

Scary.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I suppose it's not even worth mentioning that history has a way of repeating itself and the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

Are protests/demonstrations/rallies initiated by conservative groups met with the same response? Now why is that?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I suppose it's not even worth mentioning that history has a way of repeating itself and the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

Are protests/demonstrations/rallies initiated by conservative groups met with the same response? Now why is that?
    Because conservatives are good and liberals are bad.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

I have seen that brought about up abut this incident. The reason is permits, from what I gather. I believe this group did not have the proper permits and paperwork on file in accordance with the people with whom they seek redress.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Because conservatives are good and liberals are bad.

Agreed, conservatism promotes self accountability and responsibility through freedom (including the freedom to fail) while Liberalism promotes entitlement and dependance through regulation. That attracts those who will not put forth the effort to care for themselves and those who believe that others are not capable of caring for themselves, and must be controlled.

In the case of the abortion they do not want to have to be responsible for the end result of their carelessness in the bedroom, a baby, so they de-humanize the fetus to a mere part of their body ("It's my body") so that they are not (in their mind) morally responsible to carry it to birth.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I have seen that brought about up abut this incident. The reason is permits, from what I gather. I believe this group did not have the proper permits and paperwork on file in accordance with the people with whom they seek redress.

While it is depressing to think that one requires a piece of paper in order to use tax payer funded public access facilities, there are 260+ million people who may potentially want to use the same finite area, there must be some why to insure that one group does not dominate the site. Permits are the current means to insure this does not happen. If you want to utili... I mean dominate... the space, get a permit. It's simple folks.

We did not have 1000's of special interest groups in Jefferson's time.

Imagine if the TEA party, OWS, Pro lifers, Pro choicers, The KKK, The Black Panthers, and Neo-Nazis all showed up at the exact same time and all wanted to protest their pet issue on the steps of the capital building... Who gets to hold their rally???

The group with the permit, that's who.

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    While it is depressing to think that one requires a piece of paper in order to use tax payer funded public access facilities, there are 260+ million people who may potentially want to use the same finite area, there must be some why to insure that one group does not dominate the site. Permits are the current means to insure this does not happen. If you want to utili... I mean dominate... the space, get a permit. It's simple folks.

We did not have 1000's of special interest groups in Jefferson's time.

Imagine if the TEA party, OWS, Pro lifers, Pro choicers, The KKK, The Black Panthers, and Neo-Nazis all showed up at the exact same time and all wanted to protest their pet issue on the steps of the capital building... Who gets to hold their rally???

The group with the permit, that's who.

I'd say think beyond the permit. Think beyond this incident. History has shown which groups have a higher incidence of physical and/or violent outcomes. (We'll assume for the sake of argument that competing interest groups are not present to fan any flames or strike a match.) I'm guessing that even if a Tea Party group failed to procure the necessary permit(s), the request to cease and desist would not automatically come from the guy behind the riot shield.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I'd say think beyond the permit. Think beyond this incident. History has shown which groups have a higher incidence of physical and/or violent outcomes. (We'll assume for the sake of argument that competing interest groups are not present to fan any flames or strike a match.) I'm guessing that even if a Tea Party group failed to procure the necessary permit(s), the request to cease and desist would not automatically come from the guy behind the riot shield.

Agreed, I pointed that out in post #23

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...peaceful_rally_in_virginia-3.html#post2685877

I submit that one of the hallmarks of liberal protests is mass arrests. I believe that some of these protesters attended with the goal of being arrested or handled in a way that would draw attention to their otherwise unnoticed rally.

I also submit for consideration the track record of liberal protests of the past, notable the Occupy / G8 / G12 / G20 protests that have resulted in widespread resistance, and sometimes (dare I say often...) violent protest. Police are on edge when ever there is a protest, liberal ones in particular.

In every video, the police were non-violent, gave plenty of warning, and the protesters made a determined effort to oppose the lawful orders of the officers.

EDIT: We all remember the stories of liberal infiltrators attending conservative rallys with the intent to cause just this sort of situation to blacken the reputation of the groups holding the protests. They were discovered, exposed and isolated, and they left.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    law? order? due process? equal protection?

the 1st ammendment does not trump any other ammendments just because it's first
    The speed at which you would accept our rights becoming paid privileges.

Mace and arrest people for standing on the sidewalk? America is in big trouble.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    The speed at which you would accept our rights becoming paid privileges.

Mace and arrest people for standing on the sidewalk? America is in big trouble.

if your standing on the sidewalk is preventing me fromwalking on the side walk, and you refuse to allow others to use public propertyas intended, then yes, after you've been asked nicely to leave once, cited asecond time, its dogs, mace, tanks, and water hoses on strike 3

the constitution does not allow citizens to monopolizepublic infrastructure, nor does it allow you to trample the rights of others.

You don’t get to pick and choose which amendments apply andwhen, and ignore them if you don’t like them.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    if your standing on the sidewalk is preventing me fromwalking on the side walk, and you refuse to allow others to use public propertyas intended, then yes, after you've been asked nicely to leave once, cited asecond time, its dogs, mace, tanks, and water hoses on strike 3

the constitution does not allow citizens to monopolizepublic infrastructure, nor does it allow you to trample the rights of others.

Permits are about MONEY.

Whether or not the protesters have been sufficiently taxed and granted "permission" to protest, does not change the fact that you could walk around the crowd.

Its ironic that you think peoples' "rights" have been "trampled" when they walk a few feet out of their way, but are perfectly willing to make people PAY for their right to assemble in public.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Would the reaction here be the same if cops in full riot gear showed up to one of the INGO open carry events?

Top Bottom