Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    Ooooo....I'll play :rockwoot:

Glock 22RTF2
    IWB
    CompTac MTAC (come on chez...you know you love it :):)
    4:00

The RTF2 frame requires I wear an undershirt everyday...my sensitive lovehandles are, well, sensitive...but an A-shirt (a.k.a. wife beater) works during the heatwave days

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    ^^Oh I was waiting for that :popcorn:

For the thread don't have a full size yet but I'm looking at a Rock Island Tactical in 9mm. Currently it's either a M&P9c(OWB) or my Walther PPS(IWB).

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I carry a Ruger P95 for my EDC. IWB holster from Theis Holsters. Single longest time carrying was over 24 hours. Got to be a bit uncomfortable driving/riding from Florida. Still have a scab where it caused a blister and tore it up.

Only thing really preventing me from open carrying is the wife really isn't all that keen on me carrying at all and it attracts too much attention from the sheeple who get skeered every time they see a gun.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm mostly a compact carry kind of guy but carry a full size 1911 about 1/3 of the time. When I do, it's either a Remington R1S or a Sig Railed Nickel in a Kramer horsehide scabbard OWB holster hanging off an MTAC Kydex reinforced belt. I've found that I can carry a full size 1911 all day with that setup comfortably.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This reminds me of a funny story. Quite a few years ago, I was visiting one of those gun shops where I did a fair amount of looking and then went to one of the smaller shops with less inventory but reasonable prices to do my buying. This place was like a one-shop downsized parallel of Gander Mountain, only their prices were even worse. For example, someone of my acquaintance bought a S&W 686 from them, thinking it was a steal due to the price being marked down significantly on the tag. The original price marked on the tag was $749, marked down to $549, back when you could buy as many of them as you wanted for ~$400 each.

Anyway, back to the story, these two guys walk in and look at a 4 inch K-frame .38. I don't remember whether it was a 10, 12, or 15 now, but the one who was actually shopping made a remark about it being too big to carry. At that point, I took off my leather jacket, put it down on the counter, and left in a heavy T-shirt, I said to the men, 'Tell me if you see anything' and held my arms out level and did a 360 degree rotation. Neither one saw anything. Both about sh*t bricks when I produced a full-size Colt 1911. At that point, they started to rethink the necessity of having a compact in order to carry.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This reminds me of a funny story. Quite a few years ago, I was visiting one of those gun shops where I did a fair amount of looking and then went to one of the smaller shops with less inventory but reasonable prices to do my buying. This place was like a one-shop downsized parallel of Gander Mountain, only their prices were even worse. For example, someone of my acquaintance bought a S&W 686 from them, thinking it was a steal due to the price being marked down significantly on the tag. The original price marked on the tag was $749, marked down to $549, back when you could buy as many of them as you wanted for ~$400 each.

Anyway, back to the story, these two guys walk in and look at a 4 inch K-frame .38. I don't remember whether it was a 10, 12, or 15 now, but the one who was actually shopping made a remark about it being too big to carry. At that point, I took off my leather jacket, put it down on the counter, and left in a heavy T-shirt, I said to the men, 'Tell me if you see anything' and held my arms out level and did a 360 degree rotation. Neither one saw anything. Both about sh*t bricks when I produced a full-size Colt 1911. At that point, they started to rethink the necessity of having a compact in order to carry.

Well, you are a big fella my friend.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Please show us one documented instance of this happening.
    Please quit trolling and make a post about the OP's thread. Said individual doesn't want to open carry and has his personal reasons not to, which are his right to have.

To the thread... I'm not seeing any full size revolver guys on here :(. I need some ideas how to carry a full size revolver.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I carry an HK P30 in a Shark Tac hybrid IWB holster and it is amazing. I only wear shorts and a Tshirt this time of year and no one has noticed at all. Its not hard to do you just have to find the right holster/ belt to do it. And I am not fat at all 5'8 161 pounds just got weighed at the doctors a few days ago.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Please quit trolling and make a post about the OP's thread. Said individual doesn't want to open carry and has his personal reasons not to, which are his right to have.

To the thread... I'm not seeing any full size revolver guys on here :(. I need some ideas how to carry a full size revolver.

If you don't mind wearing a loose shirt or are wearing a jacket, an IWB at 4 o'clock or so will work nicely. Rounded grips work a lot better than something like the old-fashioned S&W square butt target grips.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    If you don't mind wearing a loose shirt or are wearing a jacket, an IWB at 4 o'clock or so will work nicely. Rounded grips work a lot better than something like the old-fashioned S&W square butt target grips.
    Thanks! :thumbsup: I'll get a shoulder rig like Dirty Harry. However, I prefer a .357, not a .44. Summer time carry seems to elude me about carrying a full size revolver. Currently I carry a snubbie out of convenience and because I can't afford to buy another gun right now.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Please show us one documented instance of this happening.

As I've posted before:

I don't know of any fatalities, but I do know of 3 incidents on the north side where someone was targeted for their OC handgun, as well as a 4th that is arguable. In all 4 instances the person was approached by multiple suspects and had their firearm stolen.

#1: Victim walking down street. One male approaches from the front. Second male approaches from behind, sticks what victim believes to be a gun barrel (but admitted it could have just been a pipe) against his spine, takes his firearm, and flees.

#2: Victim is working on a car in his driveway. 3 males approach him, all armed, steal his gun and other items.

#3: Victim is working on exterior of house. 2 males approach him, both armed, and from opposite corners of the house. Steal his gun and other items.

#4 (the arguable one): Victim is at home and routinely OC's on his own property. Apparently someone noticed, grabbed a family member as they exited the house, then multiple suspects enter and demand the combination to the gun safe (so they also had good intel there was a safe in the house, that guy would probably have been targeted regardless of OC or not, but his firearms did make him a target as nothing else was taken.)

I've also had a "sloppy CC'er" robbed with his own gun. He met with a friend of a friend to sell a rifle. The friend of a friend quickly reached under the victim's open shirt and snatched his handgun, then used that to rob him of the long gun he was there to sell.

As well as police ambushed, at least once for the sole purpose of taking the officer's firearm.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/09/las-vegas-shooting-officers-dead-possible-white-supremacists/

Why Boston Suspects Killed MIT Officer - Business Insider

Lakewood, Washington police officer shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Top Bottom