• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Anyway, back on topic.

I carry a Sig P220 almost every day. Pancake holster while on duty, IWB holster while off duty.

I say almost, because I do occasionally rotate in a 3" or 4" GP100. Typically when engaging in outdoorsy type activities.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    ...I'm not seeing any full size revolver guys on here :(. I need some ideas how to carry a full size revolver.
    Redhorse, read the first line of my first posting (#17). I'm pretty sure the N-frame 629 qualifies as a 'full size revolver', LOL... ;)

Peter McM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Full size Sig P250--OWB, under shirt (even though it prints like hell against my slender, 31" waist.)

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Please quit trolling and make a post about the OP's thread. Said individual doesn't want to open carry and has his personal reasons not to, which are his right to have.

To the thread... I'm not seeing any full size revolver guys on here :(. I need some ideas how to carry a full size revolver.

attachment.php

My 4" S&W 686 set up. It's a Galco holster (I don't remember the model #) conceals quite nicely under a loose T-shirt when I want it too. But who would want to hide a work of art like that? I mean really....:D

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      638.1 KB · Views: 100

rjthebassman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2014
    5 miles from nowhere
    Well I do apologize if I offended some of you OCers. Its not that I personally have a problem with it, my only concern was to how the public would react. I hope you all are pleased to know that I've been OCing all day as a bit of an experiment with not so much as a look or scoff more than usual in my direction when I conceal carry. Try not to scald the newbie to hard. I still learn something everyday :)

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    As I've posted before:

I don't know of any fatalities, but I do know of 3 incidents on the north side where someone was targeted for their OC handgun, as well as a 4th that is arguable. In all 4 instances the person was approached by multiple suspects and had their firearm stolen.

#1: Victim walking down street. One male approaches from the front. Second male approaches from behind, sticks what victim believes to be a gun barrel (but admitted it could have just been a pipe) against his spine, takes his firearm, and flees.

#2: Victim is working on a car in his driveway. 3 males approach him, all armed, steal his gun and other items.

#3: Victim is working on exterior of house. 2 males approach him, both armed, and from opposite corners of the house. Steal his gun and other items.

#4 (the arguable one): Victim is at home and routinely OC's on his own property. Apparently someone noticed, grabbed a family member as they exited the house, then multiple suspects enter and demand the combination to the gun safe (so they also had good intel there was a safe in the house, that guy would probably have been targeted regardless of OC or not, but his firearms did make him a target as nothing else was taken.)

I've also had a "sloppy CC'er" robbed with his own gun. He met with a friend of a friend to sell a rifle. The friend of a friend quickly reached under the victim's open shirt and snatched his handgun, then used that to rob him of the long gun he was there to sell.

As well as police ambushed, at least once for the sole purpose of taking the officer's firearm.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/09/las-vegas-shooting-officers-dead-possible-white-supremacists/

Why Boston Suspects Killed MIT Officer - Business Insider

Lakewood, Washington police officer shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My question was whether or not an OCer was the first target killed in a robbery/murder. People get robbed of their belongings all the time. Those instances you pointed out appear to be the result of the victim not paying attention.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Redhorse, read the first line of my first posting (#17). I'm pretty sure the N-frame 629 qualifies as a 'full size revolver', LOL... ;)
    Indeed! Up until that point, your post was the only one I'd saw in regards to a revolver, so I apologize for the misleading wording in my post.
    attachment.php

My 4" S&W 686 set up. It's a Galco holster (I don't remember the model #) conceals quite nicely under a loose T-shirt when I want it too. But who would want to hide a work of art like that? I mean really....:D
    That gun is beautiful, this is why I can't decide between a 4 inch 686 or 4 inch gp 100.
    Galco Summer Comfort works well for me with either a 3" or 4" GP100. The 3" is more comfortable for sure, though.
    Thanks for the input guys! I'm thinking about a full size .357 once funds become available. Like i said, either a 4 inch gp 100 or 4 inch 686.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    That gun is beautiful, this is why I can't decide between a 4 inch 686 or 4 inch gp 100.

Thanks for the input guys! I'm thinking about a full size .357 once funds become available. Like i said, either a 4 inch gp 100 or 4 inch 686.

Save yourself a tough decision and buy one of each!

rjthebassman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2014
    5 miles from nowhere
    Indeed! Up until that point, your post was the only one I'd saw in regards to a revolver, so I apologize for the misleading wording in my post.

If I only could take suck beautiful vanity shots! :-)

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    M&P9 full size IWB 4'clock in a Henry Holsters tuckable hybrid. One spare mag on the other side OWB/IWB henry holsters mag pouch. I would like to get an AWIB holster for the full size but don't have the money right now. It's amazing to me how easy it is to conceal a full size gun. I tucked it last night going out to eat and it just disappears. But I don't have a tuckable IWB mag pouch so if I tuck it I can't carry a spare mag yet. I don't usually tuck, though.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Please quit trolling and make a post about the OP's thread. Said individual doesn't want to open carry and has his personal reasons not to, which are his right to have.

To the thread... I'm not seeing any full size revolver guys on here :(. I need some ideas how to carry a full size revolver.
    Does a 4" Ruger Security Six in an IWB Bianchi holster count?

rp8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Highland, Indiana
    I don't carry a full size pistol off duty anymore but when I did I found that the style of jeans I wore made all of the difference. Being in my twenties it seems like all stores geared toward my age range sells all of their jeans in a "low on hip" style. Just switching to a "sits at hips" style made carrying a large pistol much easier

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    Well... I only ever carry full size. Here is (from what I can remember) a rough list of what I have carried over the last several years.
    HK USP40
    HK USP9
    FNP 45
    Kimber 1911
    Colt XSE 1911 stainless
    Sig P226
    CZ SP01 (currently still carrying)

I have used all kinds of holsters....so not gonna go there lol.

Top Bottom