• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FFJakeT

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    i have a sr9c, and love it, the choice of having 10+1 for carry or 17+1 at home or when CC is not as much of a concern is great. Most of my friends have a Sr9 or Sr9c, or both, or the 40 versions. I

MrVen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    I own 4 handguns.... My 1st was a Ruger LCR 38+P. A handful, if you ask me. Not fun for range practice, but reliable as any revolver can be. Then I purchased a Ruger Mk III Target (22 LR). It is as accurate as can be. Never a jam or issue at all. Next was the Ruger Single-Ten 22 LR. Fun, accurate, and very cool looking. Last week I picked up a Ruger SR9. This one is the best of all. I would recommend it to anyone who asked for advice on a handgun. It feels great in the hand, functions flawlessly, and the recoil is SOOOOO much more manageable than my 38 that I can easily blast off 200 rounds with no pain or fatigue.

I hope you noticed the pattern here. I'm sold on Ruger. They are solid, reliable, well-built handguns. Since I've never owned ( or fired ) a Glock, I really can't compare, but I live in Massachusetts where Glocks are a no no.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    depends, they are almost the same gun. but the glock has a messed up grip angle, and the SR9 has a normal grip angle.

markey_mark_wtf.gif

To the OP: If you want a "range gun" why dont you get the glock 22, and then get a 9mm (and g17 mags) and/or .357 sig barrel (use stock .40 mags) so you have a plethora of calibers to chose from.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    The case for the SR9, Safety. When I look at the top (or feel in the dark) my ruger I know in an instant if it is hot or not.

Just as a point of clarification, Glocks have a loaded chamber indicator on the extractor. It too, can be seen or felt.

ikky68

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Fishers, IN
    I've fired the G17 several times and I own the SR9. Both are great guns IMHO, and you really can't go wrong with either one.

The SR9 fits my hand better. That's the only reason that I bought it instead of the G17.

Like what the previous posters said, you should try them both out. And test them more than once before making up your mind (unless you're really methodical, then you can probably do it in one session).

Top Bottom