• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I need some Glock INGO'ers opinion on this one. I currently own a gen 3 glock 23 and shoot the gun very well. I like the grip and do not have a problem with recoil what so ever. For the last few months I have thought about trading it in on a glock 27 because of the smaller features and ease of concealing, however the 27's grip just felt off to me. Is the 27 actually easier to carry and how does it compare to the 23 when shooting? I am a small framed guy and primarly prefer to CC. Thoughts?

For years I carried a G22, I then went with a G23 which I felt might be better to carry off-duty. I wanted something more compact, so I purchased a G27 which I owned for around 10 years, but never really shot that much until about two years ago. Shooting it wasn't that great. While I had had a few limp wrist jams with two G22s and the G23 (we are talking ten or so jams out of thousands of rounds fired), I had a really hard time with the G27. Two co-workers fired it (one fired about ten rounds, another a complete course of around 50 rounds). They had no problems, but they have much larger hands and likely more hand strength. Another co-worker had their own G27, and they were having issues like me.

For me, I don't trust my grip, my grip strength, etc. when it comes to shooting a .40 from a sub-compact Glock. Some of the other subcompacts out there would likely work for me, but the Glock didn't. I ended up selling it and carry my G23 most of the time. I decided if I was going to go sub-compact, I would rather have a snub-nose revolver..so I went that route.

live2hunt009

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Thanks for all of the replys and words of wisdom. The general idea is keep the G23 and start saving up for G27 if its truly something I would like to add to the collection, which is personally what I decided. Appreciate the help INGO!

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Got both

I carry a G23 and my wife carries a 27. Both of us always CC and you'd have to be looking to spot them. Her 27 has a Pierce grip extension which allows my XXL paws to grip it easily. She can shoot it comfortably and prefers it to my 23. The trigger on her new 27 is much better than my 20+ yr old 23.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom