• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    I was in Gander Mountain the other day looking to see if I could find some .380's with no luck. I asked if they had any and they said "No we only get a few boxes when they come in, and then their gone." Then I saw a guy buy a gun from them and after his purchase he was asked how much ammo he would like to buy. They said they had .380's,9mm,.40,etc. and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. The guy asked how much they had and they said as many as he wanted because he bought a gun from them. Doesn't seem right. Are there anymore gun shops doing this?? Just wandering.:xmad:

The guy only meant the boxes they intend to put on the shelf are gone. The store should keep ammo in the back for customers who buy a gun.

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    There is a local gun shop that has real high prices on their ammo they keep on the shelf for normal shoppers to buy, but if you buy a gun your first few ammo purchases they only charge about half of the shelf price. It is about the same thing G Mtn. is doing.

HmDBrian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    valparaiso
    I dont see the big deal here. As someone stated, you would have been just as upset if you were told, yes, but only for customers purchasing firearms. As for the policy, well, I think its a great thing they are doing, you wouldnt purchase a vehicle if you couldnt get gas for it....

Curtis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    I guess I do not have a problem with what Gander Mountain is doing. They should save the ammo for the guys buying a gun. What my question is though how much is the ammo? I just got back from the gun show and was shocked at the prices. More than double what it was.

pwoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Got a 9mm from them on Thursday. No ammo on the shelf but they asked how much I wanted? I said it depended on the price when he said 17ish for 50 I was supprised. He said they had bulk packs too.

r.gray87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Columbus
    The lying is bad, but the keeping of ammo behind the counter for gun purchasing customers is fine.

I had a friend who just bought a 9mm from Gander, took home 1000 rnds of ammo with it, think they even gave him a 5% discount on the ammo. Good for him and good for Gander Mountain, I'll probably buy my next one from them if that deal is still standing and ammo is hard to find.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I bought peaches in Georgia.

Are those the same peaches that I am seeing at the road side stands? "Sweet, juicy peaces."

I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

liar! I know for a fact you were sitting on my couch last night drinking beer.

I think Peanut Butter Crunch is far superior to Reese's Puffs!

Chocolate and peanut butter. Yum. My wife is making cupcakes right now. Seriously just got back from the range and she has cupcakes.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's never too much.

I wouldn't know but that's MY fault. If I didn't buy ammo when it was available it is MY fault. If someone needs 22lr or anything else "for their grand kids" or whatever, that is THEIR fault.

It would be great if people would quit *****ing and place the blame squarely where it belongs... On their own damn self.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Yup, pretty much what they are doing. It is their ammo, and they can do with it what they want, but people need to remember that when they go to buy a gun. If they can give their business to a LGS instead of a "big box" store that pulls this crap, then maybe GM will get the hint when none of their ammo or guns are selling. That's the way it goes I guess.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    Gander actually had a good price on the Bersa Thunder w/ crimson trace that my wife wanted for her birthday, when I bought it the salesman told me I could buy all the ammo I wanted at a 5% discount. He went back to a store room and came out with several boxes of .380 which they don't have in stock.
    He also had 22lr's 225 for 20$, .223 and 5.56 just not for everyone.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Gander actually had a good price on the Bersa Thunder w/ crimson trace that my wife wanted for her birthday, when I bought it the salesman told me I could buy all the ammo I wanted at a 5% discount. He went back to a store room and came out with several boxes of .380 which they don't have in stock.
    He also had 22lr's 225 for 20$, .223 and 5.56 just not for everyone.
    Yeah, pretty much what I ran into when I bought a Kel Tec P-11 a couple of weeks ago...they have quite a bit of 9mm in the back. I guess the store employees are having no issues with keeping their own personal inventories stocked huh?:rolleyes:

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Was at GM yesterday. 5.56 was $11.99 for 20, 9mm $17.99 for 50. They had plenty. No .22, clerk said I could order on line and pick up at store.

Also saw my first Kimber Solo. Price was $849. Looked nice but have read bad things about them lately on this forum.. Great selection of guns, most IMO on the higher end of pricing.

racersden

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Evansville
    The Gander Mountain in Evansville just went thru a major overhaul of the gun department. I was told this is one of 12 stores going thru this. The whole back of the store is now firearm related. It reminds me of Gun World north of Milwaukee,Wisc. which is nothing but gun related items. Stopped in today a whole lot of ammo on the shelves.

Glen

Top Bottom