• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Kinda funny, how all these stores are popping up, lots of new shops with marginal prices and inventory, large stupor-stores like Gander popping up whenever they can, new ranges with mediocre ventilation and rude staff... The bubble has burst. The classifieds are a grand example of this. They are trying to cram more and more guns down our throats, trying to bilk the Fudds, but there's only so much money, only so much disposable income before the insurance scam the government jammed up our rear begins to take effect and bang, there goes the money.

Funny in a way to watch the objectification, the cheapening, and marginalization of the shooting industry, just trying to chase that one buck they didn't get from the last panic. I didn't for a while, but has one really looked at "new" shooting ads, magazines, commericals and shows? They marginalize gun owners into idiotic, money flush morons that want to spend their money on garbage guns, marginal ammo and ineffective accessories.

GMs pricing is to try to take people for the max amount. They can price match, but with how little research and frankly, patience, some gun owners have, it's no wonder they are successful.

remington870

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Hebron
    The Gander Mountain in Merrillville is pretty decent. They have bulk 100 round boxes of .223 on sale for $45 quite frequently. And when they have had .22, its been the cheapest I have seen in the area. Usually $25 for the 525 pack.

Ryno300

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Fly over country
    I have to say I'm not a big fan of Gander, but I have to give them kudos today. I wish I was reloading, but I'm not yet. I put a good bit down range at Tim's in Westfield this weekend and felt I need to restock. I was wondering around pricing out 9mm and a young guy asked me if he could help. Told him I was just looking and he asked about caliber. When I mentioned 9mm he said the best deal they had was 250 Remington for $70 on sale (.28). He said I don't think I have any on the floor, but I know there is one box left in the back, I'd be happy to go get it for you. He checked me out - including the SW t-shirt that rang up wrong which he fixed without a blink. All in all I was quite pleased....but I didn't drop $650 on a glock either :rolleyes:

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Gander Mountain is like any other retailer... know what you're buying (and what it 'should' cost) before you buy it. Can't blame them for trying to make a buck. I've purchased firearms from them when they had exactly what I wanted when others did not and were not willing to special order. Did I overpay? Probably. However, it beats not being able to get what you want because some gunstore clerk isn't willing to make a few calls to get it for you which isn't all that uncommon anymore - most want to sell stock on-hand.

Hitchhiker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    I have gotten a few good deals at gander mountain over the years, you just have to be there when things are on sale.

piercedjp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Gander will price match any store within 50 miles. Also understand that 95% of the used firearms at the avon store came in from other used Gander collections, meaning they came with those prices attached. The guns we have bought and sold as used have been much more reasonably priced because we paid an appropriate amount for them in the first place. I've heard that we will adjust the prices after the used selection has been there for a certain period of time.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    The guns we have bought and sold as used have been much more reasonably priced because we paid an appropriate amount for them in the first place. I've heard that we will adjust the prices after the used selection has been there for a certain period of time.
    So you're claiming that 60% of the sales price is reasonable?

I'd also bet money against the prices being adjusted.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Hello INGO-types! Kelly (in Avon) here with a review of the new Gander Mountain in (where else) Avon, Indiana.

420 round cans of XM193LC 5.56 on stripper clips: $50 more than at the Wal-Mart 300 yards to the west.
    Glock 17 Gen 3: $110 more than the one in the case at Fort Liberty 1 mile to the west.

Nuff said.

edit: crap I spelled Gander wrong

Soooooooooooooo...................???

Don't go there?!?

piercedjp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    So you're claiming that 60% of the sales price is reasonable?

I'd also bet money against the prices being adjusted.

Im saying 60% of the sales price is much better than 95% of the sales price. As far as the price adjustment, I'm not going to claim I know 100%, I can only tell you what I have been told.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Hello INGO-types! Kelly (in Avon) here with a review of the new Gander Mountain in (where else) Avon, Indiana.

420 round cans of XM193LC 5.56 on stripper clips: $50 more than at the Wal-Mart 300 yards to the west.
    Glock 17 Gen 3: $110 more than the one in the case at Fort Liberty 1 mile to the west.

Nuff said.

edit: crap I spelled Gander wrong

Bear in mind that Gander will price match. Might be helpful at some point.

Top Bottom