Gen 4 glock 17, now I see what people mean.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • live2hunt009

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    I got a friend who has a gen 4 19 and every time I shoot it I get blasted in the head! Def sticking to gen3's for the time being.

jayeff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    I've been hit a few times by brass from my 4th gen G19 but not from my old G26.
    And never from relatively hot loads like NATO , +P or +p+ from the gen 4.

gajones06

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2011
    I will stick with my gen3's. When I bought my 26 the guy tried selling me on a gen 4 but I am glad I was feeling cheap and spent less money for get the gen3. I have had no problems with my gen 2's but every gen 4 I have shot I always get brass back in my face...luckily I wear a hat when shooting so its not an issue but it does get annoying after a while.

tdoom15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Pre 2010 gen 3s are typically regarded as "safe". Newer gen 3's seem to do a little better than the gen 4s, but still experience the same problems. The thing that sucks is that there are accounts of this not happening until 2,3,4k rounds. Weaker loads seem to really expose the problem.

Apex is coming out with an extractor for the 9mm glocks. There is no one I'd trust more to develop a fix than them.

To the guy that has a slide lock back issues, watch your thumb and make sure it isn't hitting the slide release, this is a pretty common issue with glocks.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm one of those guys who was waiting for the Gen 4's because of the improved grip angle, but after I heard they made other changes I thought I'd hold off until I heard how it was working out. I'm glad I did. I showed a glock rookie how to take apart his gen 4 G17 pistol at the range and he ended up bending the thin little piece of steel on the recoil spring assembly. I couldn't believe he did that, but it made me worry about the new and improved gen 4's.

After all of that I just decided to buy a gen 3 G19 and just live with it the way it is. I'd like to buy another one before this November election while we can still get them but that's a whole other can of worms.

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    I've always liked the glocks i've owned, but i can say that it isn't just an issue with the gen 4's. Had a g30sf and with winchester whitebox it did the same thing, spent shells to the face. Have a nice little scar on my left cheek right below my eye where a shell fell right between my glasses. Also, my gen3 17 would do that every now and then. With the g30 it only happened when i used winchester wb though, any other type of ammo would kick out to my back right like they should.

Top Bottom