• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    Cleared out the Tul .223 @ Greensburg Wal Mart. They still had Tul AK ammo, 6.8mm, and some .40.

Rural King Greensburg has literal craptons of Reminton 5.56. It's 14.99 ea, limit 6 per customer, but I counted six thousand round cases on the top shelf and probably another loose case on the lower shelves. They also had some 5.56 hollowpoints but they were like 24.99 a box.

I was at both places about an hour ago too - you must have just beat me to the .223. :wallbash:

Agree with the RK 5.56... TONS of it, but the few guys that were there the same time as me looked and gave it the "WTF" look. :laugh:

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Federal at Wal-Mart is 36 cents a round for the .223 and 42 cents a round for XM855 5.56.

I consider "normal" prices to be 42 cents per round or less, and refuse to pay more. So, about $8.40 per 20 rounds maximum.

Thats pretty much what I have given for all my XM193 and a few Vmax rounds for a little over .50 just because I needed some hunting ammo.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Wasn't it all about 5-6$ before all the crazy?

Maybe a year prior to the shortage of 08-09, I was getting my choice of either 1000 rds loose LC 62gr M855 or 900 rds of 62gr British Radway Green on stripper clips and in bando's at the Fort Wayne Gunshows for $190.00 OTD....

After the shortage eased, the new low up here was about $300.00-350.00/ 1000... This seemed to hold until the current times we are now in.

After this current craziness, I don't have a clue what the new low will be...

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I was at both places about an hour ago too - you must have just beat me to the .223. :wallbash:

Agree with the RK 5.56... TONS of it, but the few guys that were there the same time as me looked and gave it the "WTF" look. :laugh:

Sorry man! If it helps I'm not even thinking about flipping it, I just ordered the parts to finish off my AR upper and am just trying to get some plinkin' ammo on hand. ;)

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    Sorry man! If it helps I'm not even thinking about flipping it, I just ordered the parts to finish off my AR upper and am just trying to get some plinkin' ammo on hand. ;)

It's all good. :cheers:

I don't flip either... just trying to stock up for some upcoming weekends w/ my boy. :ar15:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was at the bloomington RK yesterday and they had TONS of winchester 5.56 on the shelves, of course it was 15$ a box so its sitting there. Also had a good amount of 308 at 1$ per round as well. Wonder why it wasn't moving? :P

And it will stay there for that money. Bought .308 for that last November.

Mysticwolf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    I just paid 9.99 per at Bradis last Friday for pmc and 8$ for Remington 223 from midway last week... 13$ isn't a great deal

When you cant find it anywhere else, what do you do? Never said it was a great deal, but better than I have seen in the past. NO ONE, And I mean NO ONE has any of it around here.................. yet, but when they do I will buy more!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom