10-3.jpg

tc2.jpg

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    Very nice Trailblazer! I have always liked those trucks, I'd like to get one to lift someday. I've only seen one in person that was lifted. Must give specs!

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    Very nice Trailblazer! I have always liked those trucks, I'd like to get one to lift someday. I've only seen one in person that was lifted. Must give specs!

Custom MarkMC/Zone Offroad 3 inch body lift
    Upgraded Front Springs with MarkMC lift kit almost 4 inches front susp
    2010 Z71 Avalanche Rear Springs with 2 inch spacer
    Suicidedoors.com adjustable panhard bar
    Custom prototype rear control arms
    Front swaybar disco'ed
    MTA Prototype bumper
    Rear brushguard cut and rewelded for strength and fit with lifts
    17x9 Pro Comp Knight Krome Wheels wrapped in 305=65=17 Pro comp Extreme MT..Best all around mud tire out of 30 sets i have owned.
    Trailgear Sliders-plated and gusseted and welded to frame
    MTA radiator skid-Steel
    MTA Oil skid-Steel
    1.3 inch wheel adaptors for a 6x5.5 pattern
    Hooker Aerochamber muffler
    Green air Filter with stock box cut
    pcmforless.com custom tune
    Interior has leather seat covers, nice stereo systen, led lighting

Probably forgetting some things, but it is a great truck. boxed frame, 2.7:1 transfer case, 325 HP straight six, 16 MPG as it sits. It has almost the same dimensions as a four door JK and will go where they go.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Okay, lets see if I can tie together...Off roading, property not mine, and a gun forum.
    I love off roading but always on a bike. When I was in my twenties, I met a fellow dirt biker who asked me to come along and ride with him where he usually rides. The thought ocurred to me to ask if it was private property.And he said "Oh,don't worry, its down by the river,...I ride there all the time" So I said Okay, lets go...... Well, in less than a half an hour, there were two kabooms ecohing around the woods, and I was hearing stuff splattering the trees around me. My "friend" asked what's that?
    I knew what it was. I used every bit of dirt bike racing skills I had learned to get the heck outa there. I never spoke to that guy again, and I never, never, never ride where I don't have permission.
    Does that tie it all together? :dunno:

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Okay, lets see if I can tie together...Off roading, property not mine, and a gun forum.
    I love off roading but always on a bike. When I was in my twenties, I met a fellow dirt biker who asked me to come along and ride with him where he usually rides. The thought ocurred to me to ask if it was private property.And he said "Oh,don't worry, its down by the river,...I ride there all the time" So I said Okay, lets go...... Well, in less than a half an hour, there were two kabooms ecohing around the woods, and I was hearing stuff splattering the trees around me. My "friend" asked what's that?
    I knew what it was. I used every bit of dirt bike racing skills I had learned to get the heck outa there. I never spoke to that guy again, and I never, never, never ride where I don't have permission.
    Does that tie it all together? :dunno:

I think just about all of us who have ever had a dirtbike, atv or a 4wd have trespassed at some point. If you get caught you face the consequences but noone should get shot at for it!

I think the OP was just having fun and didn't do any harm since it is land that isn't used for anything. It's not like they were in a cornfield or tearing up a yard or something:rolleyes:

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    Shame it doesn't have a V8 or a solid front axle.

More HP and torque than most v8s. It has more ponies than my 97 Trans Am. Definitely no worries on power. I love when the Jeep guys realize that there 200 hp is 125 shy of mine.

The solid front axle is at the house. Just need to figure out the streering and what suspension setup to run.

I think just about all of us who have ever had a dirtbike, atv or a 4wd have trespassed at some point. If you get caught you face the consequences but noone should get shot at for it!

If there were on my property there is a good chance i would give a warning shot or 2. There is no logical explanation to be on there. I knew a kid in high school that got buckshot in the side of his lil honda while in a field and the cops told him he should have stayed out of the field.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    More HP and torque than most v8s. It has more ponies than my 97 Trans Am. Definitely no worries on power. I love when the Jeep guys realize that there 200 hp is 125 shy of mine.

The solid front axle is at the house. Just need to figure out the streering and what suspension setup to run.

If there were on my property there is a good chance i would give a warning shot or 2. There is no logical explanation to be on there. I knew a kid in high school that got buckshot in the side of his lil honda while in a field and the cops told him he should have stayed out of the field.

I don't mean to jack this thread :D but there is no reason shoot at someone unless a life is in danger.

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    I would tend to agree, but our land is far enough out and remote enough that the only trespassers we have seen recently were a couple hunters and the our guy hunting well inside our property said we the 2 guys saw him they turned and left, but after a bout 100 yards, one turned and tossed a hail mary slug in his direction.
    I woud rather shoot up some dirt to let them know they are not welcome and I am serious than have them lofting bullets my way.

It would be a situational call. Part of the reason we dont have many trespassers is the neighber lady that is 80 and still without indoor plumbing will go outside and shott in random directions if she thinks she hears a dirtbike or quad on her property.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010

It's not about "ponies." Modern head designs make more power than old ones. It's about sound. No matter how cool your little I6 is, it still sounds like ****.

My ex's father had a trailblazer with a 6 cylinder and it definitely had good power. I still reiterate my point: especially given the size of your vehicle, it's a rotten shame that it doesn't have a solid front axle and a V8.

That's the easy part. 3 link + panhard. And if you're willing to spend the money, fully hydraulic steering can work for the road. If you're going cheap, keep it mechanical and perhaps add a small cylinder for hydraulic assist.

I haven't. I'm not about to ruin offroading for everybody by trespassing.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    NEVER.

That's how trails get closed. That's why Moab is under constant attack. That's why Tellico is closed. There will be no offroading for our kids if we act like that.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    +1 to Downzero.

I can only think of one instance where I have trespassed while off-roading. I didn't get "caught", but remember afterward thinking how stupid I was. There are plenty of legal places to go.

Why so hard on the Trailblazer? That thing works well off-road. You don't need a V8 or solid axles to get it done! That I6 has plenty of torque, and "mad flex" is way over-rated.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I've been wheeling with leaves long enough to know that "mad flex" isn't always necessary, but IFS belongs on a car. It's weak, has way too many moving parts, and worst of all, the ground clearance reduces as it compresses.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I propose a compromise: if the OP (or anyone else I guess) is on your land then shoot at the person all you want to if that's the decision you make. If it's not on your land, and especially if you've never even been near the property in question, don't worry about it. As someone else said, the point of the thread was "getting mud on the tires," not what a terrible person the OP is for trespassing on city property.

It would seem that property rights and MYOFB would go hand-in-hand, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've been wheeling with leaves long enough to know that "mad flex" isn't always necessary, but IFS belongs on a car. It's weak, has way too many moving parts, and worst of all, the ground clearance reduces as it compresses.

I guess it depends on the wheeling you are doing. Case in point, from a fellow INGO-er:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/105750-off_roading-2.html#post1254616

Solid axles work pretty well on slow-going stuff (rocks, for instance), but IFS is the way to go for high speed. All about the unsprung weight.

Come out to the Run and Gun I'm setting up, and let's compare suspensions!
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ingo_events/106622-run_and_gun_for_you_off-roaders.html

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Huh, Then what about trophy/baja trucks?????? :cool:

bigdawgtrucks

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    IFS are weak, they are not going to hold up to the abuse and torque that larger tires are going to put on the suspension. How many serious off road rigs do you see with IFS? Leaf springs and solid axles are the way to go. They are cheap, simple, and can take the abuse.

Top Bottom