• ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    [...]
    The ONLY lever gun I'll ever buy again...........maybe, MAYBE.............as Savage 99. Even if I did I'd have to have a custom buttstock for it.
    An old one, worn, in .300 Savage, with high comb stock for scope usage, maybe an old K4 on it.

That'd be cool.

[...]

That would be a killer choice, especially one of the rotary magazine versions.
    Of course, ever since they discontinued them, the prices are steadily rising for a fine rifle that still is in many ways ahead of its time.

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    Sage advice there.
    On a related note, last year a hunter was killed when the tree that his stand was in (rotten, unknown to him) collapsed on him.
    Bad enough to go by accident at all, but that was was particularly bad.

The guy was trying to take down his tree stand after he was trying to sell the property. It happened across the street from where I hunt.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    The guy was trying to take down his tree stand after he was trying to sell the property. It happened across the street from where I hunt.

That's right.
    Just goes to show that the term "hunting accident" can mean more than negligent discharge or mistaken identity shoots.
    One of my friends back in high school told me the day after it happened how his dad had taken his tree stand down most of the way to the ground after having sat in it all day, jumped out of it, then popped his ring finger off when the wedding ring on it accidentally got caught on a branch.
    Ouch!

dooshie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Indy
    lol smoke a apple or cherry flavored cigar for a few reasons. and put your hunting clothes in a bag full of pine needles for a week before u start and don't wash until the season is over....

Top Bottom