• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Not sure if this belongs here, but it is firearms related. Do you think it would be ok to send packages to troops overseas with PMAGS, New stocks, Better gun parts, Slings, ect? Just a idea

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Not sure if this belongs here, but it is firearms related. Do you think it would be ok to send packages to troops overseas with PMAGS, New stocks, Better gun parts, Slings, ect? Just a idea
    depends on their command, some will let them make individual changes to equipment, most won't for whatever reason(s)....often it needs to at least meet "military standards" to be used

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Try looking up Project Bore Snake. A while back I remember some people were trying to send as many .223 bore snakes as they could find to the troops in the sand box.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    My battalion issued us PMAG's for the entire workup, then when we got to ****hole-istan they wouldnt let us use them. They were obviously stupid in this decision. But to answer your question, no, you cannot send firearms parts overseas through the mail.

Edit: Im pretty sure slings and stuff like that is ok, just no actual weapon parts.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    My nephew, squeegee, on his third tour got a care package from me. It included a Streamlight, a good knife, and a bunch of 75 grain ammo. It is what he asked for....

If you are going to send stuff, it needs to go to a specific soldier. The word is, they have plenty of mags and gun parts but are short on socks and other basics.

Find out what your trooper needs and send that to him/her by FedEx. If you send a box of stuff out to "there", nobody will get it.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Yeah, it's not so much an issue of being "legal" as in you won't really get in trouble, but it probably won't go anywhere or get used....almost certainly not any weapons parts will be shipped over there in non-military transport

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    often it's the little things that you wouldn't even think about that they actually need more of....baby wipes and crap like that......gun parts, they got what they need and not a good chance they'll be able to receive or allowed to use them if you send them

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    You can send it, but it probably won't get to them...and if it does, they likely will not be allowed to install it on their weapons (depending on their command)

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    So baby wipes? Ok. I was thinking PMAGs because I've used the the USGI mags and they seem to give allot of double feeds, bind up, rust, ect

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    A buddy of mine is a training NCO/ section leader and wasn't even "allowed" to install that sling attachment when he was over there last month

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    So baby wipes? Ok. I was thinking PMAGs because I've used the the USGI mags and they seem to give allot of double feeds, bind up, rust, ect
    LOL, baby wipes are one of those little things that come in handy and not necessarily always available. They are often used to clean yourself when not near a safe water source, etc,etc....it's little things like that which are often much more useful to grunts than what you might imagine. You should contact troops directly to find out some things they may need because it can vary depending on where they are. They can also tell you exactly what they will be able to get and not.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    We weren't allowed to use 1 point slings or wear better non-issued boots either. You'd be suprised at some of the stupid rules they come up with. They dont care about function, only that everyone looks the same. Exactly the same.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    It also poses a huge legal issue! The international export (even to FPO/APO in many cases) of firearms parts/accessories is a massive no no, unless you're very familiar with ITAR (International Trade and Arms Regulations), Dept of State, Bureau of Industry & Security. These are Federal Regulations, not the kind if stuff you just google answers about. Additionally, the comments above are correct also!

Great idea and awesome sentimate, but just don't do it. I'm a Marine and I work in the industry so on a personal note I appreciate what your trying to do, but it's a slippery slope. The issued equipment may not be the best, but it works. Send them things they need, home comforts!

Top Bottom