• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    You could also check with your local VFW or American Legion Post. They will have names of individuals serving overseas from your area.

They will also tell you the types of things that are most requested. Never had anyone request gun parts, but always get requests for all the little stuff we take for granted. Baby wipes, phone cards, socks, 'durable' snacks, etc...

Appreciate your thoughts and willingness to support our troops...

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I have seen fights, and I mean full blown I am going to kill your ass fights, over a package of Babywipes in the suck...

Sigh...

The good times...

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    So baby wipes? Ok. I was thinking PMAGs because I've used the the USGI mags and they seem to give allot of double feeds, bind up, rust, ect
    From an Army Viewpoint....

Most of the Soldiers that would have the need for what you are wanting to send in parts, already have them in spades. The rest have no clue that you can use an M-4 for something other than a paperweight.

Soo send Creature Comforts, send the small things that you do not even realize that you would miss... ;)

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    My nephew just finished his 3rd tour to Iraq last year. He was a combat medic. I sent him more than just a few care packages. Some of his favorite gifts turned out to be:

Folding utility knife w/ 500 replacement blades. I actually sent him about 5 of these, and a 100 pack of blades for each knife. These are the ones you can get at Menards, Lowes, Home Depot... He said he was one of the most popular guys at his FOB. Always had a sharp knife.

Also sent hand sanitzer
    candy
    reading materials, mostly NRA mags, Guns & Ammo, Shotgun News, but also novels by Stephen King, H.P. Lovecraft, Robin Cook...
    DVD's- I sent him a few diferent "boxed sets" of DVD's, including 50 classic horror stories (Wolfman,Frankenstein, The Mummy...) 7 seasons of Danger Mouse...
    Nephew also asked for his favorite breakfast cereal. Can't remember what it was, but he got several boxes, and REAL toilet paper!

There are many things they like to have.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    My nephew, squeegee, on his third tour got a care package from me. It included a Streamlight, a good knife, and a bunch of 75 grain ammo. It is what he asked for....

If you are going to send stuff, it needs to go to a specific soldier. The word is, they have plenty of mags and gun parts but are short on socks and other basics.

Find out what your trooper needs and send that to him/her by FedEx. If you send a box of stuff out to "there", nobody will get it.

I can't believe that was legal, at least not to use in the military.

powerstrokin

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Indiana
    I can't believe that was legal, at least not to use in the military.

Yeah last I knew, unless you're a civilian contractor like Blackwhater/Xe/Whatever they go by now, you absolutely can NOT use "personal" weapons/parts/ammo. If you got caught using it even on an otherwise "legal" kill, you'd be in BIG trouble.

As already stated- baby wipes, phone cards, movies, candy, etc. How about a bunch of packets of Arby's sauce! Tastes delicious and there isn't an Arby's there.

wxchick.h3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Southern IN
    I have heard they have plenty of gun parts. I would recommend baby wipes. That is what my bf was asking for and socks. Gun parts could be gotten everywhere from what he found out.

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not sure if this belongs here, but it is firearms related. Do you think it would be ok to send packages to troops overseas with PMAGS, New stocks, Better gun parts, Slings, ect? Just a idea

Negative. Send pudding, foot powder, and nudie mags... I ALWAYS loved gettin those lol

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Baby Wipes, Condoms, KY Jelly, Pinch Clothes Pins, and a Shower Cap...

wha...the..fff..... :wrongdoor:

Even though I've witnessed some of the most oddly humorous homoerotic grabass games ever created all carried out by bored Marines. If I get "batwinged" again someone's getting kicked in the junk!

powerstrokin

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Indiana
    Negative. Send pudding, foot powder, and nudie mags... I ALWAYS loved gettin those lol

Just be aware that nudie mags aren't authorized in most deployed locations. I'm not saying people don't acquire them...just that technically, they are forbidden due to cultural differences of the host nation.

Top Bottom