• ...and so much more!
  • Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I have heard they have plenty of gun parts. I would recommend baby wipes. That is what my bf was asking for and socks. Gun parts could be gotten everywhere from what he found out.

You are right.When I was in Afghanistan(2010) we had gun parts, cleaning kits, ammo for the asking anytime day or night as much as we wanted. The small comforts of home ...not so much. Baby wipes were gold. Beef sticks were also a popular item.:patriot:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    wha...the..fff..... :wrongdoor:

Even though I've witnessed some of the most oddly humorous homoerotic grabass games ever created all carried out by bored Marines. If I get "batwinged" again someone's getting kicked in the junk!

I sent a care package to a friend I have that is in the SOCOM World...

He said to never send him anything again... :dunno:

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    +1000 on Baby wipes, but I had something even better! All the care pakages that my family would send had 2 bags of store bought Starbucks coffee in it. Nothing better in the morning before duty to brew a nice fresh pot of Starbucks, put it in a thermos and have that in the truck all day.

I was the best guy in the tent, often made two pots a morning for every one to get some. yea you could get a cup of Joe at the mess tent, but not Starbucks.

If your soldier smokes or chews...send that, all the crap you can get over there is that CRAP. Russian or korean smokes suck really bad, I would have killed for some real Marlboro Lights, instead I was stuck paying $3.00 for a carton of korean 88 milds that tasted like arse. Even the Marlboro lights you could get at the PX were not the same.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Sent out one. Had beef jerky, Baby wipes, Clean-ex, And some non-perishable candy AKA jollyranchers

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Sent out one. Had beef jerky, Baby wipes, Clean-ex, And some non-perishable candy AKA jollyranchers

You're a good kid :yesway: Your father should be very proud.... most kids your age can't think past their Iphone.

I'd imagine that the care package train has slowed down considerably since pulling out of Iraq.... I'm sure that those still stuck out in that **** hole of a country called Afghanistan will appreciate the "thought" of your package.

Cheers mate...

Kids like you are a glimmer of hope that when I'm a little old man in my 70's, that this country won't fall apart at the seams.
    (if this planet holds up that long) :patriot:

repped

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    great things to send out in the package. Just never send CHARMS. Those are bad luck. Jerky is always good. As pointed out, wet wipes are always good. I also sent microwave popcorn, but that might depend on the base too. M&Ms are always good too. Some chocolate that doesn't melt.

armyvet209

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    LAKE COUNTY
    +1000 on Baby wipes, but I had something even better! All the care pakages that my family would send had 2 bags of store bought Starbucks coffee in it. Nothing better in the morning before duty to brew a nice fresh pot of Starbucks, put it in a thermos and have that in the truck all day.

I was the best guy in the tent, often made two pots a morning for every one to get some. yea you could get a cup of Joe at the mess tent, but not Starbucks.

If your soldier smokes or chews...send that, all the crap you can get over there is that CRAP. Russian or korean smokes suck really bad, I would have killed for some real Marlboro Lights, instead I was stuck paying $3.00 for a carton of korean 88 milds that tasted like arse. Even the Marlboro lights you could get at the PX were not the same.
    amen brother!! sandbox smokes are horrible but they work in a pinch

Top Bottom