• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drop45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    My empire of dirt
    We had it all in Da Region last night; snow, sleet, rain, hail, 21 foot waves on Lake Michigan. 12 Trick-or-treaters braved the weather and they were greeted by a hand full of candy each.
    Wintering in Florida is looking better and better.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Isn't it also 'odd' that while SOME ice is melting in SOME places on the Earth, it's increasing in others?

The "Humans are destroying the world" loony-toon libtards forget about a 'little' thing called "precession". The earth 'wobbles' on it's axis. It's cyclic, and like m-a-n-y other factors (none of them human) it affects the weather.

Part of the 'problem' is man's collective 'ego'. We view ourselves as the most important 'thing' on the planet.

On the grand galactic scale, we're insignificant, less than insignificant. Prove it to yourself: next clear night, go out and get as far as you can counting the stars. When you get bored or lose count, LOL, realize those specks of light aren't stars. They're galaxies. And just the ones you can easily see.

And who knows, at the very same instant, there may just be another living being on a small, distant, insignificant planet doing exactly the same thing. In fact, there's a very good statistical chance of it.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    :bs: it snowed, here in Indy, when I was a kid in the late 80's. We got at least an inch. IIRC it was the the yea we had the ice storm.
    Don't flag me, dammit. I didn't make the claim. Take it up with the people who actually record and keep track of the details.

BTW, ice isn't snow.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Look up the "Maunder Minimum". That will tell you a lot. And the "little ice age". We've actually been in a pretty stable few hundred years compared to climate history. Whatever we've done has had practically no effect. The alarmists are psychotic.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Isn't it also 'odd' that while SOME ice is melting in SOME places on the Earth, it's increasing in others?

The "Humans are destroying the world" loony-toon libtards forget about a 'little' thing called "precession". The earth 'wobbles' on it's axis. It's cyclic, and like m-a-n-y other factors (none of them human) it affects the weather.

Part of the 'problem' is man's collective 'ego'. We view ourselves as the most important 'thing' on the planet.

On the grand galactic scale, we're insignificant, less than insignificant. Prove it to yourself: next clear night, go out and get as far as you can counting the stars. When you get bored or lose count, LOL, realize those specks of light aren't stars. They're galaxies. And just the ones you can easily see.

And who knows, at the very same instant, there may just be another living being on a small, distant, insignificant planet doing exactly the same thing. In fact, there's a very good statistical chance of it.
    Most "important"? That is quite subjective. We are at the top of the food chain though. We command all that we survey. There is not a place on this planet that we have not touched or changed to suite our needs. At some point our population will be too much.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Most "important"? That is quite subjective. We are at the top of the food chain though. We command all that we survey. There is not a place on this planet that we have not touched or changed to suite our needs. At some point our population will be too much.

Since Silent Spring was published, we've been about to kill the earth. Every generation since generates a new way we're going to kill ourselves and every generation has been wrong.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Since Silent Spring was published, we've been about to kill the earth. Every generation since generates a new way we're going to kill ourselves and every generation has been wrong.

And we take up very little space on this world, our stuff might but the people themselves do not
    Look, I do not know for sure but I am in the camp of belief that reality falls in the middle of the two camps. I do not believe that we have ZERO effect on the EARTH but I also so not see the world imploding in 20 years. We take up little space...well considering the Earth is 70% ocean, that is kinda misleading.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My biggest beef is they say we are causing global warming with all the chemicals we are spewing into the air and that we are going to kill the ozone etc in 50 years if we dont cut back. Then they turn right around during a volcanic eruption like the one going on in Iceland right now and say that these things are spewing greenhouse gasses that are orders of magnatude more than what we can produce as by products in our factories.

So on one hand they say that our production of these chemicals is going to kill the planet, while at the same time admitting that there is much more of these chemicals created naturally by volcanoes etc every day and our production is a drop in the bucket. That makes as much sense to me as being told "stop peeing in the river or else you will cause flooding downstream". You cant have it both ways people!

Decades ago they were talking about global cooling and dusting the icecaps with soot/carbon to reverse THAT phenomenon. WTF? :scratch:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Look, I do not know for sure but I am in the camp of belief that reality falls in the middle of the two camps. I do not believe that we have ZERO effect on the EARTH but I also so not see the world imploding in 20 years. We take up little space...well considering the Earth is 70% ocean, that is kinda misleading.

Americans and Europeans are so spoiled, we have to invent reasons to be concerned, alarmed, and panicked. One generation was going to nuke the world, then poison the world, then over crowd the world, freeze it, irradiate it by opening the ozone hole, boil it alive, and now we're all going to die because of ebola. Someday, something will happen. If we set our minds to it, I'm sure we could make this world uninhabitable for humans but in spite of ourselves and all of the dire predictions for what, 50-60 years, we haven't done it yet. I'm more worried about the future of our country and the path we're on than I am about the future of life on earth. We're closer to killing the former than the latter.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    There are a lot of us, and we do have a bit of an effect, but just a bit. There's still a [place of eternal punishment] of a lot of empty space. I'd be more worried about running out of mineral fertilizer than petroleum. I'm not entirely sure petroleum is a fossil fuel, in fact; look up abiogenic petrolem. Some dismiss this theory, but it makes my engineer Spidey senses tingle. Supposedly depleted wells have come up no longer depleted. Do we still have dinosaurs dying?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    There are a lot of us, and we do have a bit of an effect, but just a bit. There's still a [place of eternal punishment] of a lot of empty space. I'd be more worried about running out of mineral fertilizer than petroleum. I'm not entirely sure petroleum is a fossil fuel, in fact; look up abiogenic petrolem. Some dismiss this theory, but it makes my engineer Spidey senses tingle. Supposedly depleted wells have come up no longer depleted. Do we still have dinosaurs dying?

No. Churchmouse is quite alive and well. :shady:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I learned this week from a "colleague" who practices the socio-political religion of global [STRIKE]warming[/STRIKE] climate [STRIKE]change[/STRIKE] disruption caused by human activity that I am a "science denier." Apparently skepticism and a request for actual evidence that human activity is the root cause has no place whatsoever in science.

To Summarize:

• Expressing any doubt of the Truth is bad.
    • Asking pointed questions is bad.
    • Wanting to see real data that supports a causal relationship is bad.

My shame knows no bounds and I must forever remain silent on this issue. My SHAME. Real scientists don't ask questions! They immediately recognize the Truth and preach the sermon to the faithful and heretic alike.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The irony almost burns, but being an adherent of science and technology, I'm somewhat protected.

You ain't just a-whistlin' Dixie, Dixie.

Some of the true believers are the self-licking ice cream cones of ironically stupid.

I don't object to people practicing religion. Religion can be a good thing, albeit some more than others. I do object to 1) someone trying to force, coerce, or shame me in the submitting to their religion, and 2) refusal to acknowledge (or perhaps recognize) that it's a religion base solely on faith.

I admit that my religion is based on faith, not scientific evidence. I choose to believe for my own reasons. I do not try to force others to submit nor do I attempt to represent it as someone that has or even can be verified via scientific inquiry. While I would appreciate the same consideration from those who practice more contemporary religions, I'm not going to hold my breath. "Separation of Church and State" only applies to faiths based on Judeo-Christian traditions.

Top Bottom