• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jdalton765

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Muncie, Indiana
    I didn't really know where to post this but the new shop in muncie has like 15 gen 3 glock 22s that are former police guns with night sights and one high cap mag for 399. I picked I've up myself.

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    That's a pretty good deal. My buddy owns a gun shop and he'll buy the trade ins every chance he gets. Usually all there is is a little holster wear and that's it and he gets them at a great price. You can't beat it.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    That's a pretty good deal. My buddy owns a gun shop and he'll buy the trade ins every chance he gets. Usually all there is is a little holster wear and that's it and he gets them at a great price. You can't beat it.
    I ran into a LEO coming in to Red Brush range a couple months ago and I made a comment that I've read that POs fire maybe 30 rounds every couple months to practice and have about a 5 percent hit ratio in actual shootings. He said that sounds kind high:laugh: I believe a police trade, especially a gen 3 would be a really good deal.

Jdalton765

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Muncie, Indiana
    They seem to be keeping them in stock and ordering like 10-15 more every time they run out, not sure where they are all coming from lol, the one i had came from Tennessee and he said the last batch came from north Carolina lol

revolvers&w

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Albany
    Aren't Glocks good for more than 2 years?

We at IMPD are trading in ALL of our 2yr old Gen 3 Glock 22s for Gen 4. All are going to Kiesler's down in Jeffersonville. Get your FFL to call them. All have Glock night sights, I like them MUCH more than the Trijicons. They are serialized "IMxxxxPD" just for us.

I wonder why we are spending good tax dollars to replace 2 year old Glocks,
    with custom serial numbers no less?
    ARE THE FRAMES RUSTING?
    :dunno:

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    We at IMPD are trading in ALL of our 2yr old Gen 3 Glock 22s for Gen 4. All are going to Kiesler's down in Jeffersonville. Get your FFL to call them. All have Glock night sights, I like them MUCH more than the Trijicons. They are serialized "IMxxxxPD" just for us.

I like the serial number idea.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I ran into a LEO coming in to Red Brush range a couple months ago and I made a comment that I've read that POs fire maybe 30 rounds every couple months to practice and have about a 5 percent hit ratio in actual shootings. He said that sounds kind high:laugh: I believe a police trade, especially a gen 3 would be a really good deal.

You really can't claim that across the board. Actual round count depends on both the Officer and Departments. Some departments require shoooting several times a year, some only once. Some offercers shoot a LOT on their own and some not so much unless required. As far as hit percentage, even the most expert marksman have only a 19-21% probability in a gunfight. When you factor in eveything involved, stress, moving bad guys, barriers etc etc etc. The people on this forum would be no different. The more moderate the shooter the less hit percentage.

A lot of agencies trade in their firearms in the 5-8 year mark. Lets say they are "required" to shoot 500 rouns a year that is only 2,500-4,000 rounds plus. That would be the majority. Then say the "shooters" double that so 5,000-8,000.

Not a whole lot for a Glock, SIG etc!

revolvers&w

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Albany
    Gimmie some truth

We were having issues I guess.

Is it a standard practice throughout the law enforcement community to replace weapons at two tear intervals?

OR

If an agency is having issues with a handgun is it common practice to purchase replacements from the same vendor and allow those with issues to be made available to the public?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You really can't claim that across the board. Actual round count depends on both the Officer and Departments. Some departments require shoooting several times a year, some only once. Some offercers shoot a LOT on their own and some not so much unless required. As far as hit percentage, even the most expert marksman have only a 19-21% probability in a gunfight. When you factor in eveything involved, stress, moving bad guys, barriers etc etc etc. The people on this forum would be no different. The more moderate the shooter the less hit percentage.

A lot of agencies trade in their firearms in the 5-8 year mark. Lets say they are "required" to shoot 500 rouns a year that is only 2,500-4,000 rounds plus. That would be the majority. Then say the "shooters" double that so 5,000-8,000.

Not a whole lot for a Glock, SIG etc!

Dang, I shot a required 200-250 rnds last week. But I love qual days. :rockwoot:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Is it a standard practice throughout the law enforcement community to replace weapons at two tear intervals?

OR

If an agency is having issues with a handgun is it common practice to purchase replacements from the same vendor and allow those with issues to be made available to the public?

If an agency is having issues with their weapons, it is common practice to fix the issue.

IMPD isn't making any weapons available to the public. The traded weapons have been made available for purchase by Kieslers.

kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    I think what he meant to ask was why they were trading in guns that were only 2 years old. I am curious not about anything money related but what the reason was for the change.

Top Bottom