• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    Haha! As if everyone documents their failures for the internet, or even shoots the handgun they purchase for carry. Who cares how many units have sold - if it is for his protection then the OP should test it himself. Opinions are all of equal weight in discussion - zero.

OP: Buy (borrow, or rent) both handguns and a case of 9mm 115gr, some of what you will carry, and then sell the one you like less after 500 rounds down range and a week on your hip. Your newly discovered, factual evidence will help you choose the right one.

The quote was directed to a comment made that he has never heard a complaint about Kahrs but has heard alot of complaints about Glocks. BOTH have had complaints by unsatisfied customers PERIOD. All guns get some negative complaints from upset owners from time to time. If Glock's were flat out junk and Kahrs have never had a complaint why are SO many glocks still sold and carried by countless LEO agencies and civilians? The point to the OP in the reply was that both guns are known to be very reliable firearms now, regardless of past complaints. Your dash at me is absolutely a mute point.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    Yeah I was thinking about mag size. But the pm9 is so much slimmer than the g26 Which makes it be?tte??QUE?r for CC

I found a word that might be a problem, up there, and made it camo for you and disguised it and stuff, for to hide the error. I can agree that "the pm9 is so much slimmer than the g26 Which makes it slimmer for CC"

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    If you are worried about size, try the Taurus 709 Slim. Taurus has improved greatly. The 709 is very reliable but I carry two extra mags. All easily concealed.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    The quote was directed to a comment made that he has never heard a complaint about Kahrs but has heard alot of complaints about Glocks. BOTH have had complaints by unsatisfied customers PERIOD. All guns get some negative complaints from upset owners from time to time. If Glock's were flat out junk and Kahrs have never had a complaint why are SO many glocks still sold and carried by countless LEO agencies and civilians? The point to the OP in the reply was that both guns are known to be very reliable firearms now, regardless of past complaints. Your dash at me is absolutely a mute point.

'Moot point'. I'm sure that it is possible to count the number of LEO agencies and civilians who own and carry Glock handguns. If you are directing a quote, then do just that...

..and as for this,
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion and should not be bashed for it.
    left unquoted back there in this mess, it is poor advice for the OP.

No internet opinion is valuable enough to listen to when choosing a handgun for carry, nor do you know if they are both reliable, because his handgun is not in your hand, or even purchased. Get it yet? You can't possibly know that
    All guns get some negative complaints from upset owners from time to time
    because you have no idea what he is even going to buy, or the reliability of that particular handgun.

Notice that I didn't say anything about either make or model? That's right, we are talking about a theoretical handgun. Know how I know all this? I chased a theory about a P30 which didn't work for me, but only by testing it, did I know that it wasn't the carry pistol for me, even though there are many reasons that it is theoretically better than my G19s. I'm glad I did it, still. I lost some $$ when I could have borrowed, rented, or otherwise shot both back to back.

The OP should test what he buys for reliability reasons, and preferably test both to see which he likes better. None of the garbage on the internet complete with it's broad sweeping statements should sway him either way.

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    'Moot point'. I'm sure that it is possible to count the number of LEO agencies and civilians who own and carry Glock handguns. If you are directing a quote, then do just that...

..and as for this, left unquoted back there in this mess, it is poor advice for the OP.

No internet opinion is valuable enough to listen to when choosing a handgun for carry, nor do you know if they are both reliable, because his handgun is not in your hand, or even purchased. Get it yet? You can't possibly know that because you have no idea what he is even going to buy, or the reliability of that particular handgun.

Notice that I didn't say anything about either make or model? That's right, we are talking about a theoretical handgun. Know how I know all this? I chased a theory about a P30 which didn't work for me, but only by testing it, did I know that it wasn't the carry pistol for me, even though there are many reasons that it is theoretically better than my G19s. I'm glad I did it, still. I lost some $$ when I could have borrowed, rented, or otherwise shot both back to back.

The OP should test what he buys for reliability reasons, and preferably test both to see which he likes better. None of the garbage on the internet complete with it's broad sweeping statements should sway him either way.

You are still saying the same thing I am... :rolleyes: Both firearms are good reliable firearms, regardless of internet negativity they are both worth a try. THAT is my point. The origional quote that you used to take a dash at me was one referring to another post where another member said one was junk because he heard so much bad information about it. But on the other hand said that he had never heard a bad thing about the other. Pretty simple, the OP cant go wrong with either of the guns he is considering regardless of what is said about them on the internet. I'm out :patriot:

SheriffMedic95

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Indiana
    I've owned both...Kahr is smaller but I like the customizing options on the Glock. Parts are cheaper and easier to find too. But then again I am partial to Glock so do what you want!

Top Bottom