• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I once had a Kahr PM9...it was a nice pistol! My wife bought a Glock 26...and we put a Glock 19 mag with an A&G grip spacer on it...and it was the bomb! Kahr makes nice stuff...but needless to say, I don't have the Kahr anymore!

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    My wife bought a Glock 26...and we put a Glock 19 mag with an A&G grip spacer on it...and it was the bomb!
    I tried putting the extra grip piece on the longer mags in my 26 and 27 but found they made it harder for the mag to drop free without using my left hand to pull it down. Now I carry the stock 10 or 9 rounder and the big brother spare. I figure if I have to reload by dropping the original carry mag it had better drop free so I can be grabbing my spare with my left hand.

Has you wife practiced dropping the mag without using her second hand? She might be surprised.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2011
    Greene County
    I hear to many times of failure to feed, blowing up in police officers faces, failure to eject... Look on line for the problems that Glock has had and you will see what I mean. I sell guns and I have never heard of any problems with Kahr products. Besides the Glock is the ugliest gun ever made except the HI Point...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2011
    Greene County
    I apologize if I offend anyone with this comment. I mean no harm and I am sure there are good and bad with all guns. Please do not take this as a professional input, but my opinion only. I was just trying to give my opinion on the choices given to me by the original POST!

mjblazor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    You will not regret a PM9/CM9. They are hard to beat. Carrying 7 rounds of good 9mm is nothing to slouch at. The PM9 is small, accurate and thin. You can carry it anywhere on you, IWB/OWB/ANKLE/POCKET.....

Then get yourself a Glock 19 for everything else (war, SHTF, Range fun, home defense)

Agree, have the CM9 and love it.

Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    Well I'm a Springfield guy lol and thinking about getting a glock. I've also been thinking about a S&W m&p9c or 40c. But I'm not sure what I really want lol I'm stuck deciding if I want to carry in a pocket or just openly or IWB

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I apologize if I offend anyone with this comment. I mean no harm and I am sure there are good and bad with all guns. Please do not take this as a professional input, but my opinion only. I was just trying to give my opinion on the choices given to me by the original POST!
    Get a little "hate mail" did ya? :popcorn: Y'all have to learn to play nice, everyone is entitled to their opinion :)

Certified Glock Armorer

jfranke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    I carry my 26 cross draw for traveling it still weights 26oz with 12 round mag. The CM9 "new" is only supposed to be 17oz plus being thinner, but it is a single row mag. You can find them so far for less then $400.
    JJF

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I hear to many times of failure to feed, blowing up in police officers faces, failure to eject... Look on line for the problems that Glock has had and you will see what I mean. I sell guns and I have never heard of any problems with Kahr products. Besides the Glock is the ugliest gun ever made except the HI Point...

I really don't choose my tools based on how pretty they are. Glock's reputation for reliability is well know. KB problems are mostly an internet myth.

ret

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    I have both PM9 and G26. The PM9 is a nice shooter. But IMO - not better than the GLOCK. The limited capacity of the PM9 and the fact that at least one round falls out of extra loose mags everytime for me (when I carry and extra mag - and I feel like I need to in order due to the capacity issue) - makes me always carry the GLOCK. The PM9 gets very little use and I would sell it if I thought I could get close to the money I have invested. Can't say that I'm not a Kahr fan - but for the money, capacity and the rounds falling out of the extra mags - I would not buy another.

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville

One thing you have to look at also is the shear numbers of each sold. If you google glock problems and also Kahr problems you will see that BOTH have negative feedback. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and should not be bashed for it. If you look into the reasons for failures on both firearms you will get a better understanding of how they got to where they are now. I have read plenty of complaints on both firearms. But if you compare the amount sold versus complaints you might be surprised. Personally I think both firearms are exceptional choices. Both have had their teething problems but as of recent I think both are very solid performers and you really cant go wrong with either!

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    One thing you have to look at also is the shear numbers of each sold. If you google glock problems and also Kahr problems you will see that BOTH have negative feedback. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and should not be bashed for it. If you look into the reasons for failures on both firearms you will get a better understanding of how they got to where they are now. I have read plenty of complaints on both firearms. But if you compare the amount sold versus complaints you might be surprised. Personally I think both firearms are exceptional choices. Both have had their teething problems but as of recent I think both are very solid performers and you really cant go wrong with either!

Haha! As if everyone documents their failures for the internet, or even shoots the handgun they purchase for carry. Who cares how many units have sold - if it is for his protection then the OP should test it himself. Opinions are all of equal weight in discussion - zero.

OP: Buy (borrow, or rent) both handguns and a case of 9mm 115gr, some of what you will carry, and then sell the one you like less after 500 rounds down range and a week on your hip. Your newly discovered, factual evidence will help you choose the right one.

Top Bottom