• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    This is about the projected success or lack of in the new Glock pistol. I'm projecting success...

Although I have no desire to own one (given the dimensional drawings posted around the Internet, it appears to be intended to compete with the LC380 and PK380, rather than the micro-size pistols like the CW/P380, LCP, BG380, P3AT, etc), I expect Glock will sell a bunch of them. Assuming, of course, that the design proves reliable right out of the gate.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    It'll probably be a hit. I also think it would be more of a success in a 9mm and gen 3 texture. Well, at least for me it would be.

Success - Yes

Gen 3 texture - Yes, I agree it would help, especially since the back strap is fixed and not interchangeable.

If I'm gonna carry a 9mm (higher pressures = more beef) then I'd just carry a 19 or 26.

Simply my thoughts...

357 Terms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Between SB and FT.W
    You must not be looking very hard, for Shields at least.

True, Shields are starting to come around (still in low #'s)..but show me 9mm XD's in any kind of wide availability.

Glock would see more success with a single stack 9mm, a 380?, not so much.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    True, Shields are starting to come around (still in low #'s)..but show me 9mm XD's in any kind of wide availability.

You will soon be proven wrong. This pistol will sell like crazy. I also believe the 9mm and 40 will follow.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Although I have no desire to own one (given the dimensional drawings posted around the Internet, it appears to be intended to compete with the LC380 and PK380, rather than the micro-size pistols like the CW/P380, LCP, BG380, P3AT, etc), I expect Glock will sell a bunch of them. Assuming, of course, that the design proves reliable right out of the gate.

I think they will sell. The PK380 and LC380 occupy a unique and necessary place in the handgun market. Low recoil pistol that is big enough to actually shoot. The only problem is both of those guns are built to meet a price point. If Glock shows superior quality and reliability they will have a winner. Add to that not having a manual safety and we have a potential winner. Heck, I might even consider trading in my J frame.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    The PK380 and LC380 occupy a unique and necessary place in the handgun market. Low recoil pistol that is big enough to actually shoot.

This still baffles me. Obviously people buy them, but I don't get it. 9mm isn't exactly punishing recoil even in a small frame. I can't see choosing .380 over 9 in the same size gun.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Pretty much where I am at. They will sell a ton of them, but not to me. Just no interest in a 380. If it were a 9, I'd have to handle one, just to see what niche it fit. If it was still going to be IWB carry/hung on a belt, I'm not sure it would displace either my 26 or 27.

It's a Glock, I'm sure you won't be able to hit anything with it
    :D

Speak for yourself. The rest of us do just fine with them. :draw:

I'm guessing the recall for the XDs has something to do with availability, but maybe not.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    This still baffles me. Obviously people buy them, but I don't get it. 9mm isn't exactly punishing recoil even in a small frame. I can't see choosing .380 over 9 in the same size gun.

because there is a noticeable improvement in recoil on the same size gun when shooting 380 instead of 9mm. Because lots of people would rather have SOMETHING that they know they can shoot well and train with than a gun they don't like the recoil on and therefore don't train with it. Stopping a perp is about shot placement, and having a gun that you know how to use well, period, end of story. If I were into the micro semi auto's it would be a .380 for the recoil aspect alone. but I am not, if I am going to go that small its going to be a revolver.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    because there is a noticeable improvement in recoil on the same size gun when shooting 380 instead of 9mm. Because lots of people would rather have SOMETHING that they know they can shoot well and train with than a gun they don't like the recoil on and therefore don't train with it. Stopping a perp is about shot placement, and having a gun that you know how to use well, period, end of story. If I were into the micro semi auto's it would be a .380 for the recoil aspect alone. but I am not, if I am going to go that small its going to be a revolver.
    Software issue, not hardware issue.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I disagree. Just because the 380 doesn't have a place in YOUR arsenal doesn't mean its not a viable option for self defense. By your standard, why carry a 9mm, why not .45 acp. and why stop there, why not carry a .460? different people tolerate recoil differently. The millions of .380 rounds sold every year seem to back my point up quite nicely.

Top Bottom