• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Seeing as they can't fix the issue with G23s and G22s not operating reliably with the damn lights on them, I'll pass. Same reason why Anderson, IN PD and other Madison County depts dropped the .40 Glock as issue or won't allow them with lights attached. The problem continues in the Gen4.

Fix that issue and then maybe I would buy another Glock product.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Seeing as they can't fix the issue with G23s and G22s not operating reliably with the damn lights on them, I'll pass. Same reason why Anderson, IN PD and other Madison County depts dropped the .40 Glock as issue or won't allow them with lights attached. The problem continues in the Gen4.

We have Gen4 G22s and have not seen any issues with lights attached. Maybe we got lucky with them, but never seen an issue at the range with them.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

Hmmm, 1500 Gen 4 Glocks here and about 200-300 have lights. 100's thousands of rounds combined, no issues.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Waaay too late.
    Ruger has already perfected the single stack, striker fired, 9mm with the LC9s Pro.
    Maybe Ruger will sue Glock for infringement.
    That would be fun to watch.

Of course, there are many many out there that will buy it just because it says Glock on the side.
    I have even picked up a 42 more than once and considered a purchase.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Hmmm, 1500 Gen 4 Glocks here and about 200-300 have lights. 100's thousands of rounds combined, no issues.

When we and other area depts spoke to Glock, they admitted it's an intermittent problem and it supposedly gets worse the more rounds go through them. We've had a few G23s start experiencing the issue around 800 rounds or so. Anderson PD won't issue them in .40 and supposedly Madison County has had similar issues and the lights were removed.

Check Glocktalk and it's still a common problem with random guns. 9mm and .45 have been fine with lights. A couple of well known instructors won't even recommend them anymore due to the randomness of the problem.

I took my G23 to the academy with a light... ran fine with 180 grain ball, but choked about every 4 rounds with various JHPs. Thought I might be limp wristing and had other officers try... same issue. But it runs 100% on JHP without a light.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Amazing innovation! a single-stack 9mm???...

Georg Luger is not impressed:

220px-Luger19062iq.jpg

Dieudonné Saive? You can see the befuddlement on his face:

saive%20dieudonne%20decede%20en%201981.jpg

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby

I think the gen4 spring assembly is much more light-friendly

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    If it's finally here....

MANY who bought a 42 will get a 43.

MANY who didn't get a 42 will get a 43.

Smart moves Glock.

Meh, I got tired of waiting and picked up a Shield. Unless the 43 is smaller or considerably better (which it won't be), I'll stick with the S&W. I really wanted the Glock, but they let their competition walk all over them here. It was pretty much a done deal after the Shield and LC9s offered thumb safety-less models.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Never been a Glock fan but man, I sure have to admire them for covering nearly every angle. Caliber range from .380 ACP to .45 ACP, compact, mid-sized, full sized, long slides. Accuracy and reliability to boot.

And the fact that they try to be as interchangeable as possible. I like that one holster will fit many many pistols because they didnt decide each model needs to have its own specific dimensions.

Agreed. I can't believe that Glock would introduce the most sought after model in history a month AFTER Shot show.

Think of it right before NRA annual meeting. Now they can showcase it there.

A single-stack 9 is about the only hole in their lineup now it would seem...unless they are going to start building Glock carbines or something like that.

Glock Carbine!!! Please oh please oh please oh please oh please.

I've heard that rumor...

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Waaay too late.
    Ruger has already perfected the single stack, striker fired, 9mm with the LC9s Pro.
    Maybe Ruger will sue Glock for infringement.
    That would be fun to watch.

Of course, there are many many out there that will buy it just because it says Glock on the side.
    I have even picked up a 42 more than once and considered a purchase.

Too late? For who? That's funny.

I'm glad you like your LC9s but you can keep it all to yourself :puke:

To say too late shows you obviously have no idea how many Shields have sold and how many Glock guys bought them.

Too late :rofl:

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Meh, I got tired of waiting and picked up a Shield. Unless the 43 is smaller or considerably better (which it won't be), I'll stick with the S&W. I really wanted the Glock, but they let their competition walk all over them here. It was pretty much a done deal after the Shield and LC9s offered thumb safety-less models.

If it's finally here we'll let the numbers be the judge. I like my Shield but can't wait to get a Glock single stack 9.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    The whole G43 thing has been a rumor for awhile, but like a lot are saying I am not getting too pumped up about it. While I have my hopes, who knows what it could be. It does seem odd to make this big build up for something else but who really knows. Besides, I wonder how long it will be after that announcement that I'll actually have one in my hand. Could be awhile!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I think the back lash from it not being there forced them into it. Many Glock Fans told they had their heads in ass.... I just hope they didn't rush perfection and it comes out anything less than that.

If I were a bettin man I'd put money on that being the very reason it wasn't released at SHOT. They have had some issues with the 42 and I'm sure they would not be looking forward to revisiting that again.

Top Bottom