• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Never been a Glock fan but man, I sure have to admire them for covering nearly every angle. Caliber range from .380 ACP to .45 ACP, compact, mid-sized, full sized, long slides. Accuracy and reliability to boot.

That is pretty admirable. After all, no other manufacturers make pistols for as many calibers as Glock, do they? in excess of three different sizes? accurate and reliable?

Man, if only Glock had a marketing plan so everybody knew this!!!

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Glock43_zpsdtmtghho.jpg

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Would someone be kind enough to explain for us newbies the benefits of the single stack. How many shells will it hold?

Depends.

My single stack Kahr holds 6 in a flush mag, 7 in an extended magazine that allows me to utilize my pinky when gripping. I can't speak for other singlestack 9mms, because the Kahr is the only single stack 9 I own. (See avatar)

I would imagine that if Glock were to release a single stack 9mm, it'd be 6+1 to keep it compact. It won't be long though before aftermarket magazines became available to accommodate more rounds though, I'd reckon.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Call me old fashioned, but I don't know why the LGBT communities' self defense needs would be any different from anyone else's.

This is simply Glock playing catch up.

Ron Cohen of SIG has the LGBT community covered with his Rainbow Brite craptastic blastomatics.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    When we and other area depts spoke to Glock, they admitted it's an intermittent problem and it supposedly gets worse the more rounds go through them. We've had a few G23s start experiencing the issue around 800 rounds or so. Anderson PD won't issue them in .40 and supposedly Madison County has had similar issues and the lights were removed.

Check Glocktalk and it's still a common problem with random guns. 9mm and .45 have been fine with lights. A couple of well known instructors won't even recommend them anymore due to the randomness of the problem.

I took my G23 to the academy with a light... ran fine with 180 grain ball, but choked about every 4 rounds with various JHPs. Thought I might be limp wristing and had other officers try... same issue. But it runs 100% on JHP without a light.
    We had a few issues with some Gen 3 the 4s are running well with the TLR1 that get issued with them. We go through 700,000 or so .40 rounds a year. If it was going g to be an issue, we'll see it.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Meh, I got tired of waiting and picked up a Shield. Unless the 43 is smaller or considerably better (which it won't be), I'll stick with the S&W. I really wanted the Glock, but they let their competition walk all over them here. It was pretty much a done deal after the Shield and LC9s offered thumb safety-less models.
    Same here. I have a Shield .40, no safety, on layaway. I have a G27 and a 642 for off duty and I consider the G42 a step down from my .38. The Shield will carry similar to the G27 but significantly thinner. It will likely replace my G27 as my go to off duty carry piece. I really like the M&P line. Glock seems to be behind the curve on this. I have no idea why they are taking so long in getting into this area of the market.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    We had a few issues with some Gen 3 the 4s are running well with the TLR1 that get issued with them. We go through 700,000 or so .40 rounds a year. If it was going g to be an issue, we'll see it.

Think the gen 4's don't see the issue because of the revamped recoil spring causing the frame to flex less, and therefore not binding due to the frame/rail mounted light?

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm excited to see what they come up and do hope it is a single stack 9.

I have this bad feeling that they are going to make it bigger than I'd like to see...if they can make a single 9 the size of the CM9 (similar to Glock 42 size frame) then I'd trade in my P938.

Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    Apparently the announcement will be on the 20th of this month and it's going to be exactly like the 42 design and size wise. I like the 42 a lot because it's comfortable to actually shoot and accurate. I'll be getting a 43 as long as it's 6+ rounds.

Big Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    I've got a 42 and my wife liked mine so much, she went out and bought one for herself. I would definitely buy a 43, if it's close to the size of my 42 in a heartbeat!

gewehr3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    John Farnam mentioned that Glock was coming out with a single stack 9mm a few months ago. So, there is a good chance that is the mystery pistol.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Apparently the announcement will be on the 20th of this month and it's going to be exactly like the 42 design and size wise. I like the 42 a lot because it's comfortable to actually shoot and accurate. I'll be getting a 43 as long as it's 6+ rounds.

I doubt if it will be the same size as the 42. As a matter of fact I hope not. The 42 shoots like a dream because the caliber matches the gun so well. To be really shootable the 43 needs to be a little bigger to match the 9mm. If I wanted a pocket gun I would stick with a revolver.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Too late? For who? That's funny.
    I'm glad you like your LC9s but you can keep it all to yourself :puke:

To say too late shows you obviously have no idea how many Shields have sold and how many Glock guys bought them.
    I did not mean in any way to put down the shield.
    But I do love me some LC9s Pro.
    It's accurate, reliable, and has a trigger far and above any other small 9mm I have tried.
    Not G19 size mind you... small 9mms
    I have been on a hunt for a good small 9mm for years.
    I have owned and shot a PF9, P11, PM9, CW9, and the LC9spro, even a P3AT but it's not really 9mm.
    I was looking for an R51 before Remington gave up on them.
    Admittedly, I have only fondled the Shield, Solo, and Nano at gun stores.
    I have not seen a real sig 938 yet.
    I was ready to try a shield when the LC9s came out. Then when the Pro came out and one went up for sale in the classifieds, well what could I do?

Here is what I was trying to say.
    All of the companies mentioned above Kahr, Kel Tec, Ruger, Baretta, Kimber, S&W, Taurus and even Sig have a single stack 9mm.
    They are already in production and proven designs.
    For the price, I like the Ruger, but the others are still great little guns.
    Glock is soooo far behind the curve that I can't imagine what they can offer that is better than the plethora of small 9's already available.

Would I be tempted to buy a 43?
    yes :facepalm:

Top Bottom