• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I put 200 rounds of Aguila 124gr FMJ through the G43 this morning. I find the recoil easily manageable with the pinky extension magazine in the gun and just slightly less so with the flat base mag. I only prevented the slide from locking back one time with my normal grip, something I had a consistent issue with on the G42. I also shot 25 rounds of Federal 47gr +P HST through it and while there was a definite increase on recoil it only required a very small adjustment in my shooting cadence to get the front sight back on target.

This is the first 12 rounds I fired from 10 yards.

IMG_2081_zpsme3ejqb6.jpg

This brought out my first and only complaint with the pistol, I absolutely hate the serrated triggers. This pic was taken after the first 12 rounds.

IMG_2083_zpsspvgdkys.jpg

A coworker brought out his S&W M&P Shield 9mm for some comparison photos. I'll let those pics speak for themselves.

IMG_2098_zpsyaiwrt3v.jpg

IMG_2097_zpsbwdodpbb.jpg

IMG_2094_zpsljquzsu3.jpg

IMG_2093_zpsveeh9tzg.jpg

IMG_2090_zpsrvqniorm.jpg

It will take a few more shooting sessions before I'm really comfortable with it but all things considered I really, really like this pistol.

10yds

25yds

I did have the slide hang on me one time under recoil with the 147gr HST rounds, I am assuming that my thumb hit the slide stop.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Nice shooting phylodog! Glad to hear it shoots well from a source I trust, I figured it would but it's nice to read a report and see how it sizes up to the closest quality competitor. Can't wait to read more as you test it!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Nice shooting phylodog! Glad to hear it shoots well from a source I trust, I figured it would but it's nice to read a report and see how it sizes up to the closest quality competitor. Can't wait to read more as you test it!

Hopefully my next update will be a mini review on a holster for it from AMHenry. I informed the wife when I got home from work that the G42 was officially hers. I need to get her a lifetime license (need one myself also) and get her to the range with it.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Hopefully my next update will be a mini review on a holster for it from AMHenry. I informed the wife when I got home from work that the G42 was officially hers. I need to get her a lifetime license (need one myself also) and get her to the range with it.

Nice anytime the wife gets a new piece its a win! I will admit following your threads has made me want a g43 to some degree. The pull is getting stronger!

dshaf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Held one today at a LGS. I could of bought it for $499. I think I like the size of the g42 better. I may wait to buy a good priced used G42.

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    No stolen thunder at all brother, glad to hear you like it as much as I do. Lots of nay sayers out there complaining but I think Glock hit a home run with this one.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I handled one today, might get to shoot it this weekend.

I don't see what all the "wow" is about, it's another glock that doesn't do anything for me.

But that's why there's so many different handguns I suppose

One that size in 357 Sig might be cool though

Top Bottom