Glock 43 - Personal Reviews from Indiana folks!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phisch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2014
    West Lafayette
    Back from Applied Ballistics' Winchester Train & Defend shooting event (which was really fun, BTW). Went early to rent the G43.
    My only other 9mm is a Sig SP2022, which of course is DA/SA, so I just went back and forth shooting the Sig and the Glock 5 rounds each. Like straight up back to back with no break. Disclosure: I haven't shot a Glock in 5 months. If you looked at my targets you wouldn't be able to tell which gun made which holes. Everything was within a 5-6" group at 7 yards. Pretty good for me when taking no time to really aim and cycling between hammer and striker. And yes, I dropped the hammer for the first Sig shot. I'm not a cheater... I really liked this more than the XD-S I shot a few months ago. Just felt better and I shot the 43 more accurately. Also, I shot a 42 during the event, and I shot the 43 more accurately. I kept shooting the 42 just a little left, I think that slightly longer grip on the 43 helped me have a more steady shot, as it fit my hand a little better and my finger landed more naturally on the trigger. Crazy how much of difference that little bit makes.

Write me up. Sold. Shut up and take my money. Now I just need to find a way to squeeze this in between diaper purchases for this newborn we delivered a few weeks ago. Gotta protect the baby!
    09844CD7-7B87-4849-8D35-CF8A3E3A2E62_zpsr3jkwcos.jpg

Side note: I jokingly bemoaned that I should have brought my Sig P230 since Winchester only brought .380 and .40 ammo to the event. Rep gave me a free box of .380 FMJ and JHP each for free.

Last edited:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Been around Glocks a while, and I own a few, my first a Gen2 G-19 I thought was the perfect Glock, and while this may still be true in many ways, I have evolved over the years to the .40 family line. I carry EDC a 2.5 Gen G-27, have so for years, my favorite Glock is my 2 Gen G-23, and my trunk gun a 2 Gen G-22, I also have the 17/19/26, series, and when the G-30S fad came out a few years ago, I got my only Glock in .45 ACP and my thought at the time was that the one .45 would replace all the others, a jack of all Glocks so to speak.
    Well, that didn't happen, the G-30S, sits in the safe earmarked for my grandson who is only 2 1/2, anyway the G-42 came out and the wife and I looked at and held one, but didn't like it, (she shoots a G-17), so when the G-43 finally came out I thought to myself MEH, nothing to see here move along.
    Then the wife and I were at the range here in INDY, and saw a new G-43 reserved for a customer in the shop, I handled it, and said to myself, nice Glock finally came out with the mini nine, but it won't replace my G-27.
    Wife said...............can I hold it?!?
    Next thing she said was "I want one".
    OK so tracked one down the next day at another shop, blue label, lil bit expensive $435 OTD incl tax, but hey it was Mothers Day weekend and the Boss wanted one.
    I took it home and showed it to her, she was happy, but we then got busy and I had no time to take her to the range and shoot it, still don't, but on the way home from work last week, I found the time to swing by the range where she held her first G-43 and figured what the heck, I will put a box through it. I had some Perfecta 115 gr 9mm Wal mart ammo, and loaded both mags.
    WTF ! this is nice, no problems, gental recoil, on target, and fun to shoot. Guess I was wrong, this lil gun is SWEET!
    Will I get one for me too? Maybe some day, but for the wife, or casual carry, this Glocks the Bomb.
    If you have not tried one, I suggest you do, if you want one, then I suggest you do that too, simply stated, this lil Glock is sweet, and Gaston is going to sell so many I am sure.
    So there you have it, one honest opinion from some one who has been around Glocks since the late 80's.
    Try it, you'll like it!

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Been around Glocks a while, and I own a few, my first a Gen2 G-19 I thought was the perfect Glock, and while this may still be true in many ways, I have evolved over the years to the .40 family line. I carry EDC a 2.5 Gen G-27, have so for years, my favorite Glock is my 2 Gen G-23, and my trunk gun a 2 Gen G-22, I also have the 17/19/26, series, and when the G-30S fad came out a few years ago, I got my only Glock in .45 ACP and my thought at the time was that the one .45 would replace all the others, a jack of all Glocks so to speak.
    Well, that didn't happen, the G-30S, sits in the safe earmarked for my grandson who is only 2 1/2, anyway the G-42 came out and the wife and I looked at and held one, but didn't like it, (she shoots a G-17), so when the G-43 finally came out I thought to myself MEH, nothing to see here move along.
    Then the wife and I were at the range here in INDY, and saw a new G-43 reserved for a customer in the shop, I handled it, and said to myself, nice Glock finally came out with the mini nine, but it won't replace my G-27.
    Wife said...............can I hold it?!?
    Next thing she said was "I want one".
    OK so tracked one down the next day at another shop, blue label, lil bit expensive $435 OTD incl tax, but hey it was Mothers Day weekend and the Boss wanted one.
    I took it home and showed it to her, she was happy, but we then got busy and I had no time to take her to the range and shoot it, still don't, but on the way home from work last week, I found the time to swing by the range where she held her first G-43 and figured what the heck, I will put a box through it. I had some Perfecta 115 gr 9mm Wal mart ammo, and loaded both mags.
    WTF ! this is nice, no problems, gental recoil, on target, and fun to shoot. Guess I was wrong, this lil gun is SWEET!
    Will I get one for me too? Maybe some day, but for the wife, or casual carry, this Glocks the Bomb.
    If you have not tried one, I suggest you do, if you want one, then I suggest you do that too, simply stated, this lil Glock is sweet, and Gaston is going to sell so many I am sure.
    So there you have it, one honest opinion from some one who has been around Glocks since the late 80's.
    Try it, you'll like it!

CAUTION; Thread drift. What didn't you like about the G30s?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I recently installed Ameriglo night sights on my 43, and did a little clearancing on the inside of the trigger guard to alleviate the trigger finger pinch that had been afflicting me. Put another 100 rounds through it yesterday with no issues at all, which makes a total of about 600. On a whim, I took some shots at an IPSC steel target 100 yards downrange, with a surprising amount of success; I believe my best run was 4/6.

I have picked up a kydex IWB rig from Patriot Concealment, and look forward to making my 43 my daily carry gun this summer!

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I recently installed Ameriglo night sights on my 43, and did a little clearancing on the inside of the trigger guard to alleviate the trigger finger pinch that had been afflicting me. Put another 100 rounds through it yesterday with no issues at all, which makes a total of about 600. On a whim, I took some shots at an IPSC steel target 100 yards downrange, with a surprising amount of success; I believe my best run was 4/6.

I have picked up a kydex IWB rig from Patriot Concealment, and look forward to making my 43 my daily carry gun this summer!

Use it for the Langdon class this fall?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

Do you know when you will have any more Glock 43's in stock?

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Oh sorry, the 30S I thought would replace my G-27 or G-23 as a combo and for me it didn't conceal as well as the G-27 and was not as accurate (for me) as my G-23, so it didn't do what I thought I could do with it, and or what the 30S could do for me. Fine firearm, just not what "I" thought it was going to be when it first came out, I bought into the 30S hype and didn't want to fall into that same scenario with the 43.

TubThumper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 2, 2015
    Westfield
    I've fondled the 43 several times at the local shops, haven't got to shoot one yet. I have shot the 42 and didn't care for it, so I'm hoping the 43 is a better experience.

10mmMarc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 16, 2015
    Greenwood
    what local shops in Indy have them in stock , I went to Bradis today and they only have a display model, they are big volume shop , so if they don't have them in stock does anyone have them in stock ?

Top Bottom