• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm not a Sig guy unless you are talking their 1911s. I've tried other Sigs and they just didn't work for me as well as other guns. Plus, I was thinking that the P227 was a full size .45. The thing that keeps me coming back to these G30sf's are the 31oz carry weight with 10+1 rounds of .45 in a very shootable platform. The 30sf is smaller than a G19 in some dimensions no less. My son has a Sig P320 that's quite a bit larger, yet still has a 10+1 capacity. I used to have a CZ 97B that was a great shooter, but sucked for carry due to the size. That was 10+1 too. It's tough finding a gun with this capacity in .45. Plus, it's a Glock, so even with two of them now, I'm still under the per gun cost of most of my 1911s.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm not a Sig guy unless you are talking their 1911s. I've tried other Sigs and they just didn't work for me as well as other guns. Plus, I was thinking that the P227 was a full size .45. The thing that keeps me coming back to these G30sf's are the 31oz carry weight with 10+1 rounds of .45 in a very shootable platform. The 30sf is smaller than a G19 in some dimensions no less. My son has a Sig P320 that's quite a bit larger, yet still has a 10+1 capacity. I used to have a CZ 97B that was a great shooter, but sucked for carry due to the size. That was 10+1 too. It's tough finding a gun with this capacity in .45. Plus, it's a Glock, so even with two of them now, I'm still under the per gun cost of most of my 1911s.

Why are you resisting the education some are trying to provide?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I've ran into this issue with other handguns before, it's always been ammo related for me. One that comes to mind is a friend's S&W SD9VE. While I can't remember which brand did it, we shot 3 brands that day out of his brand new gun. HPR hollow points, Hornady Critical Duty and Federal aluminum case target ammo. 1 of those 3 put brass in the face every time, the other 2 did not.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

P227 is full size or "carry", sort of commander size. It's a bigger, heavier gun. For me, the 2 round capacity gain over a P220 wasn't worth the thickness. Might as well carry the P226 and get a significant capacity gain.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Everything man made is subject to have problems. Strangely, Glock owners tend to be the only one's who aren't so insecure that they feel the need to troll threads about other manufacturers.

:):.......we get them all the time in the 1911 threads. It is part of the culture I would guess. I get so much crap from my Glock buddy's about me still building using the outdated platform that is just part of it. Heck I get bashed in the Forum for it. Wave and smile boys just wave and smile...:):

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I had two Gen. 4 19's and a late Gen. 3 19 that all threw brass in my face, and consistently hit my forehead.
    If I remember I had been running WWB 115gr. ammo, once I switched ammo the problem for the most part went away with just the occasional BTF.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    My P227 comment was a little on the humor side, a little on a serious note. I like Glocks in .45. I hate any pistol that gives me a BTF. I got rid of an XDS3.3 in .45 for that reason. I like 1911s. Think they are heavy, under capacitied and have a safety that could have a better option. I like the P227. It has 10+1 or 14+1 as options. It is a full size pistol. I am able to hit well enough with it to make a way to have it be with me when I need it. I would leave it at home if I could carry my AR full time with out any hassles. I don't like all Sigs, and dislike a few. I don't like all 1911s. In the present day I can find no reason to compromise with a firearm that is not 100%.

Top Bottom