enjoy your new guns...

mister

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Fairmount, IN
    ^ best post ever.

I prefer the Glock handguns to the XD series, but as it was previously mentioned, hold them both and see which one fits your hand better. They are both top notch firearms in my opinion.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    not ever body has $1k to spend at once, i know i didnt so i had to buy one at a time then sell it for the other.

IN1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    I prefer Glocks but that's just me. The XD's are nice and I kind of like the trigger on the XD better but both are nice carry guns. Everyone calls Glocks blocky but I think XD's are a lot more blocky up top than Glocks and the XD's seem more top heavy but again, that's just me.

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    One thing to consider is the type of bullets you'll use for practice. Glocks use polygonal rifling and as such are more prone to leading than guns that use traditional rifling like the XD and XDm series. It's enough of an issue that Glock explicitly voids your warranty if you use lead bullets (it's in their manuals). This is the primary reason I don't own any Glocks.

But as others have said by all means base your decision on what feels best to you. But if you like them both then depending on your ammo choices this could be a deciding factor for you.

A5guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Steuben County
    I got to shoot an XD in .45 ACP awhile back. Very nice! I own a G26 and like it too. Both are great proven combat handguns. A friend of mine is a Sherriff deputy up in Michigan and took a whirl with his Smith M&P. I've never been a spectacular handgunner, but of the 3, the G26 printed the targets best for myself, and the Smith was the smoothest shooter.
    I suppose, since the Glock is mine, and I shoot it more (and often without anyone watching:D) I'm going to do better with it.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    They are both great guns for shooting or carry. Hold both and see which you prefer, because they feel different! And look different, I stuck with Glock because I wasn't crazy about the XDM's serrations and grip cutouts. The XDM 45 I had shot great though, but so does my G21. :)

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    Yes you need to see which one feels better in your hands because they will be different. Maybe one step better would be to shoot each if you know peeps that have them. I prefer the Glock myself and have a 17 and 21. For everyday carry the 19 is the most popular and is also a great gun if you like the 9mm. These are both great guns and will serve you well.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I am looking to buy a new CCW for thinking between 9mm and .40 cal. Kinda was thinking glock or springfield. Thoughts????

I see you're from Ft. Wayne... Go down to INGO event forum and sign up for the shoot this Sunday at Roush range (Huntington).

There will be many INGO members there and maybe you'd get a chance to try both. I couldn't help you on the XDM, but I will have a Glock G19 there... If trying a regular XD would help, I would also have a 9mm service and .45 tactical there also.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Just picked up my XDm in 9mm on Wednesday... I've shot and held both numerous times, and for me the XDm just feels better.... seems to have a more natural point of aim, but of course, as everyone else has said it is a personal preference thing. Either will serve you well, as long as you keep your head about you!

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Two great guns. I've owned a 9mm XD and currently own 2 GLOCK 9mms. I should have kept the XD. The guns feel NOTHING alike. Grip 'em and shoot 'em if you can to make your decision. Both totally reliable, great guns, but whatever feels most comfortable should be what you buy.

climber409

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Franklin
    I had the same question for a week. I decided today it was the feel of the xdm9 that won. 300 rounds tomorrow I'll let you know what my opinion is.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    Ive never had a Glock but when I do dip into that koolaid it will be a G20. I have fired a G22 and it just didnt tickle my fancy so I got a XDM 45 4.5 inch Bitone and Im extremely pleased with it. I almost wanna go and get the new 5.25 just so my plastic gun has another plastic gun to talk to in the safe besides my Walther P22 Id get the glock but I dont want him putting down my XDM because they have the "im better than you" syndrome but Im sure my S&W 29 sits and tells them both to shut up. . . . . hes a good guy

Top Bottom