• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    The age old debate between the heavyweight polymer pistol contenders. I choose Glock, only because I haven't had much range time with XD(m)'s. I like the fact that they have the grip safety, and I also HATE that fact...

That is all, continue to debate!

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    When I read that Glock was FINALLY going to reduce the grip girth with the 4th gen guns I looked and looked and looked until I finally got my wee little hands on one in person. Finally getting to handle a Glock 19 4th gen with the smallest back-strap I was sadly underwhelmed. It DID feel better than previous generations but it still felt very similar to picking up a chunk of 2x4 timber and holding it up like a gun.

On the other end of the spectrum, I'm dissatisfied with the grip-length on my 4.5" XDm .40 (even with the largest backstrap) & am waiting for the vehicles to stop :poop:ing on me so I can swap over to a regular size Glock 20 to pick up some extra grip-length goodness...as well as 275 ft/lbs of muzzle energy.

That said, if Springfield would make an XDm in 10mm Auto with a larger grip, I'd be all over it in a heartbeat, as I prefer the ergonomics (save grip length) to the slippery-smooth "you may only put your fingers between the grooves" design of Glocks. Perhaps I could buy a G20 G4 from a unicorn somewhere...

Bersalover

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Feb 14, 2011
    had both but prefer the xdm by far. the glock never felt right. it would be a good idea to try and shoot both prior to purchase

ray d

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Both are great guns I would bet my life on.I like the glock due to the long trigger reset on the XD.

Top Bottom