• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    LOL, your post came after mine I thought you were saying I didn't know the difference between the dots and getting a proper sight alignment/sight picture.

Sorry, I should have been more specifics- others were stating that the dots determine the sight picture.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    So my 17 gen 4 is a very accurate weapon at any distance that I like to shoot. I do find myself having to hold low to get in the center of the target. About a 6 o'clock hold. Uncommon? Fixes for this? Normal? Crazy operator? Bad eyes? :dunno:
    What weight ammo are you using? You've got a pretty wide range (% wise) with the 9mm, from 115 gr to 147gr. Different bullets should shoot to different points. It doesn't make much difference at "combat" range (3 feet to 7 yards) but at 25 yds there can be a big difference.

patricktjms

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Springport, Indiana
    So last night I changed the rear sight and it seemed to cure the issue. It has dropped the group down to where I prefer it. Must have been something funky with the sight. Or something funky with my eyes and that particular sight.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Another thing to consider, I bought a lone wolf conversion barrel that was shooting about 6" high at 25 yards.
    I called Lone Wolf, and explained it to them.
    They asked for the barrel and a target showing how high it shot, so I sent the barrel and target back to them.
    They said the barrel was not mating up with something correctly bla bla bla
    They machined something on the barrel and sent it back to me and, Voila, fixed the problem.
    I think 10" high is a lot to account for with just new sights.
    IMHO that is.

Top Bottom