Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Here's mine:

14295304828_66840a4b2d_b.jpg

I consider it a work of art ... a deadly work of art.
    I detail strip it about twice a year to make sure
    it's properly lubricated and in good shape. I also
    think it's a pleasurable experience, relaxing.

I also have 2 Glocks, I consider them to be tools.

Nice Colt! I'm pretty much of the same mind. Love my 1911s, but I do have a handful of Glocks for the simple tool aspect. I still have not found anything that shoots as nicely as a full size 1911.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Here's mine:

14295304828_66840a4b2d_b.jpg

I consider it a work of art ... a deadly work of art.
    I detail strip it about twice a year to make sure
    it's properly lubricated and in good shape. I also
    think it's a pleasurable experience, relaxing.

I also have 2 Glocks, I consider them to be tools.

I miss my 1991A1 compact.

Here's mine:
    JMB.jpg

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    I guess the highest compliment you can bestow upon the Glock is to refer to it as the 1911 of it's era.

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Detail strip when it needs a mainspring/sear spring...other than that pull the grips and liberally spray everything with brake parts cleaner...dry, grease, oil, install grips....good to go. Dont baby em.

1911's dont hurt my trigger finger to shoot....grab a glock with a shooting grip and point your finger straight forward....with a 1911 your finger is on the trigger gaurd, with a glock it is on the frame and needs to be contorted to reach the trigger....no thanks...not for me.

God bless
    -Shred

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Detail strip when it needs a mainspring/sear spring...other than that pull the grips and liberally spray everything with brake parts cleaner...dry, grease, oil, install grips....good to go. Dont baby em.

1911's dont hurt my trigger finger to shoot....grab a glock with a shooting grip and point your finger straight forward....with a 1911 your finger is on the trigger gaurd, with a glock it is on the frame and needs to be contorted to reach the trigger....no thanks...not for me.

God bless
    -Shred

That's a mixed blessing with the Glocks. On the one hand, they have an amazingly high hold, which gives a very low bore axis, but to get that, you lose the natural pointability that other guns have. The 1911, high power and CZs tend to have a very natural pointability, but come with a higher bore axis. I'm happy with both, but do see the issues that either attempts to overcome in their design. The low bore axis is what I believe makes the very light weight Glocks shoot as soft as they do. With an all steel 1911, you have a lot of mass that absorbs the the recoil giving it that wonderful, 1911 feel with .45.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I have both. I carry the Glock and protect my home with it, and I drool over the 1911 for its sheer beauty and historical significance.

I don't get the either or thing. I love guns, and I love me some 1911, Glock, Beretta, Ruger, S & W, and ......

Btw, my booger picker has no trouble moving from the frame or trigger guard to the trigger, on either gun, quickly. I shoot both easily and accurately, although it took me a bit of practice to get there with the Glock because of the trigger. I was pretty well on it with the 1911 from the get go. Better sights also helped with the Glock. My 1911 came with simple 3 dot sights that just work. (It is a Remington R1 stainless, btw.) The slide on that 1911 racks like it is gliding on butter, too. I like to rack it so much I started having dirty thoughts!
    :banana:
    The only gun I've got that racks as nicely is the Wilson Combat Beretta 92G Brigadier. That's a whole 'nother story.

Last edited:

Balarrison

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2016
    Columbus
    I'll jump in and say that I prefer a glock a lot better. I like the tactical fact of it. 1911's are a little to big to carry for me, and I'm a big guy. My G22 Gen 4 is really easy to take apart from what I've done with it.

Top Bottom