• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kasamp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2023
    Hammond
    Was recently at a cabelas and the gun library guy was going on about how with glocks when you point it the barrel is down so you have to lift your wrist up , but a shadow systems you didn’t according to him , is there any truth in this ? Also they felt lighter more weight like it was front heavy on the s system
    Thanks

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    It's the opposite. You have to break your wrists slightly downward on a glock to get the sights lined up. If you start out on a glock and train with them then go to something like an M&P your front sight will be slightly dipped on your presentation. It's not much of a difference, maybe a 1/16"

hammerd13

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2015
    Hamilton County
    The Shadow Systems backstrap options do offer the user the ability to set up different grip angles. You can't do this with Glock, as their backstraps simply allow you to make the grip bigger/smaller. Since I like the Glock grip angle, I run my Shadow Systems at the same general angle.

I'm a devoted Glock user and appreciate the Shadow Systems improvements...e.g. backstraps, direct optic mounting design, trigger, slide serrations, frame texture/stippling to improve grip, barrel finish, weight, recoil reduction, etc.

When I decided I wanted to transition from irons to red dots, I naturally thought I'd try a Glock MOS. The Shadow Systems advantages convinced me otherwise and I'm very happy. Added bonus is that my Glock holsters (generally) and mags fit the Shadow Systems pistols.

kasamp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2023
    Hammond
    Another would be a hellcat I had a in mind between the 3
    The Shadow Systems backstrap options do offer the user the ability to set up different grip angles. You can't do this with Glock, as their backstraps simply allow you to make the grip bigger/smaller. Since I like the Glock grip angle, I run my Shadow Systems at the same general angle.

I'm a devoted Glock user and appreciate the Shadow Systems improvements...e.g. backstraps, direct optic mounting design, trigger, slide serrations, frame texture/stippling to improve grip, barrel finish, weight, recoil reduction, etc.

When I decided I wanted to transition from irons to red dots, I naturally thought I'd try a Glock MOS. The Shadow Systems advantages convinced me otherwise and I'm very happy. Added bonus is that my Glock holsters (generally) and mags fit the Shadow Systems pistols.
    cool
    Appreciate the insite ;)

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I shot and carried Glocks for many years and had one of the Shadow systems pistols for a while. About 18 months ago I discovered the PSA Dagger (Gen 3 Glock clone) and unlike the Glock that pointed a little high for me the Dagger naturally points where I'm looking.. Dagger is also much less expensive and in my opinion has some mechanical improvements over a Gen 3 Glock.
    You can generally get a Dagger cut for an optic and buy and optic for about the same $$$ that a MOS Glock alone will cost. I have several thousand rounds through a couple of Daggers and have nothing but praise for them. It's a bit of a drive for you but Parabellum has them in stock and also one in the rental fleet that you could test run.

kasamp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2023
    Hammond
    I shot and carried Glocks for many years and had one of the Shadow systems pistols for a while. About 18 months ago I discovered the PSA Dagger (Gen 3 Glock clone) and unlike the Glock that pointed a little high for me the Dagger naturally points where I'm looking.. Dagger is also much less expensive and in my opinion has some mechanical improvements over a Gen 3 Glock.
    You can generally get a Dagger cut for an optic and buy and optic for about the same $$$ that a MOS Glock alone will cost. I have several thousand rounds through a couple of Daggers and have nothing but praise for them. It's a bit of a drive for you but Parabellum has them in stock and also one in the rental fleet that you could test run.
    Thanks I was actually super close to getting a psa dagger , think I’ll do it now in tax season :))) what about their other psa guns like their 300 blackout any info on that

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Concerning PSA.. I have no personal experience on any rifles other than a JAKL.. Have one in 556 and it's been flawless.. Parabellum in Avon has one of their ARs on the rental wall that's run with no issues for about a year.
    They have a number of items on sale for Blk Friday.. If your hands are larger you will want to consider the full size frame which will give you a 19X size gun, if you prefer the 19 size gun look at the compact frame.
    If I can answer any questions feel free to contact me.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    About 18 months ago I discovered the PSA Dagger (Gen 3 Glock clone) and unlike the Glock that pointed a little high for me the Dagger naturally points where I'm looking.
    The PSA Dagger and the Glock have the same grip angle. I was looking for something that takes Glock mags but doesn't have the annoying grip angle that's different than every other pistol in my collection. No luck. The backstrap can be a little more/less pronounced on some of the clones, or a little more rounded, but I don't think any of them have an appreciably different grip angle due to the feed angle of the magazines. Certainly not as different as a Glock and something with a proper grip angle, like the P320, P365 X-Macro, M&P, HK VP9/USP, Beretta 92/PX4/APX, 1911, P35, CZ P10/75, Springfield XD/Hellcat Pro...well, you get the idea.

kasamp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2023
    Hammond
    Definitely gotta look into throse then
    def gotta look into those then , much thanks

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Concerning PSA.. I have no personal experience on any rifles other than a JAKL.. Have one in 556 and it's been flawless.. Parabellum in Avon has one of their ARs on the rental wall that's run with no issues for about a year.
    They have a number of items on sale for Blk Friday.. If your hands are larger you will want to consider the full size frame which will give you a 19X size gun, if you prefer the 19 size gun look at the compact frame.
    If I can answer any questions feel free to contact me.
    20230610_171658.jpg
    This is my current setup of the PSA G19X clone.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    The PSA Dagger and the Glock have the same grip angle. I was looking for something that takes Glock mags but doesn't have the annoying grip angle that's different than every other pistol in my collection. No luck. The backstrap can be a little more/less pronounced on some of the clones, or a little more rounded, but I don't think any of them have an appreciably different grip angle due to the feed angle of the magazines. Certainly not as different as a Glock and something with a proper grip angle, like the P320, P365 X-Macro, M&P, HK VP9/USP, Beretta 92/PX4/APX, 1911, P35, CZ P10/75, Springfield XD/Hellcat Pro...well, you get the idea.
    PSA tells me that the grip angle is indeed the same but, I'm assuming because of the shape of the dagger grip it points more naturally for me..

Top Bottom