Jul 3, 2010
    Last edited:

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Um. AK's take a stamping press. Glocks take a manually operated Bridgeport from the 60's. CZ takes a state of the art Haas multi dimensional axis machining center. Just sayin.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    1. Hey, Gunner, I recognize your moniker (only recognize about 5 :dunno:), perhaps I've even bought a gun off you, I can't keep it all straight.
    2. Been following this thread and thought you comments were informative.
    3. It is amazing to me that an ad will run here for months? I would assume they would keep lowering the price till it sold, or they are not serious about needing to sell and are just "hoping" to snag someone, especially when I can go to Hoosier Armory or Marksman Shooting Sports and buy the same new for cheaper or only a little more.
    4. There have been guns I would have bought here (or Armslist), but after checking new prices, I just go buy new, or not buy at all since I can get new anytime so no hurry, and I might get lucky with a lower price in used (happens all the time, my Smith SD9VE being a prime example).
    5. I will see the same used gun vary in price by $150, and that is just in the $250 - $400 range: I expect that in the $1000 guns (Kimber, Dan Wesson, Ruger 1911s as an example).

I came over to your old house and helped you clean guns.
    As far as buying anything from me, I don't have anything in your price range. :):

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I came over to your old house and helped you clean guns.
    As far as buying anything from me, I don't have anything in your price range. :):

1. I can't believe it: the one guy who came over to the house to help with demonstrating gun cleaning and ended up fixing a switch in my garage and I forget which of the monikers you are. :wallbash: This "moniker" thing I literally can't keep straight. :ugh:
    2. This explains why I have no friends. :laugh:
    3. You must know that my appreciation has not waned. :thumbsup:
    4. If we ever do that again I know of the best Pizza now (Old Bethel/The Ordinary) in Wannamaker: the 1911 45acp of Pizza! :rockwoot:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    1. I can't believe it: the one guy who came over to the house to help with demonstrating gun cleaning and ended up fixing a switch in my garage and I forget which of the monikers you are. :wallbash: This "moniker" thing I literally can't keep straight. :ugh:
    2. This explains why I have no friends. :laugh:
    3. You must know that my appreciation has not waned. :thumbsup:
    4. If we ever do that again I know of the best Pizza now (Old Bethel/The Ordinary) in Wannamaker: the 1911 45acp of Pizza! :rockwoot:

I grew up in Wanamaker. Haven't been back in years. Now I'm hungry for pizza from The Ordinary... :nono:

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I frequently ask legal questions on this forum, and have gotten a lot of good answers. I was curious about the legality of building your own firearms...maybe someone can enlighten me. The other thing...if you build your own Glock, can you build one that feels good in the hand like a Browning Hi-power. Now that is a Glock I would be interested in.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I grew up in Wanamaker. Haven't been back in years. Now I'm hungry for pizza from The Ordinary... :nono:

1. We've had two since we moved here: Large it unbelievable: 2 pieces and I was full and I'm an eater.
    2. Got the Medium last week: finished it off for supper tonight.
    3. Can't wait for the next round: Wow!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    1. Never seen a Glock for $300: I want one now. :laugh:
    2. I had not read about the M & P feeding issues or I would have been gun-shy (puns intended).
    3. Does that apply to the Shields (you realize I will sell all my Shields and buy Sigs or Glocks, depending on your answer? :dunno: :popcorn: :lmfao:
    4. Your list "in summary" is my list as well, except the "life time use:" too early to tell with me, I might gravitate toward an whole other brand direction as I educate myself. :ugh:
    I've owned many M&P9 pistols and NEVER had a problem and I shot thousands of roinds though them combined.
    Also we own 3 shields one is the 2.0 and 2 are the first generation. I've already fired around 175 rounds out of the 2.0 and i have fired a combined 600 rounds give or take out of the other two total. No issues.
    I use my pistols and I test them before they go on my person for self defense. I test them with hollow points for 100 rounds and 50 for ball. That's before they even touch my holster.
    I carry glock 19's for my full size guns. No issues there either. I've got at least 6k rounds in my gen4 and already over 2,000 through my gen5. Only around 600 through the 19x so far. All good to go.
    Sometimes i won't have a slide lock back on the last round but I don't give a crap about that. I rack the slide anyways

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Didn't know glockes held their value, they have a expiration date stamped on the inside of the Tupperware frame, approximate time the plastic deteriorates.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Didn't know glockes held their value, they have a expiration date stamped on the inside of the Tupperware frame, approximate time the plastic deteriorates.

Hmmmm........ This smells of B.S. There are still plenty of Gen. 1 Glocks out there going strong.
    These would be from 1988, '89, whenever Glock first came out.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I've owned many M&P9 pistols and NEVER had a problem and I shot thousands of roinds though them combined.
    Also we own 3 shields one is the 2.0 and 2 are the first generation. I've already fired around 175 rounds out of the 2.0 and i have fired a combined 600 rounds give or take out of the other two total. No issues.
    I use my pistols and I test them before they go on my person for self defense. I test them with hollow points for 100 rounds and 50 for ball. That's before they even touch my holster.
    I carry glock 19's for my full size guns. No issues there either. I've got at least 6k rounds in my gen4 and already over 2,000 through my gen5. Only around 600 through the 19x so far. All good to go.
    Sometimes i won't have a slide lock back on the last round but I don't give a crap about that. I rack the slide anyways

Putting aside all the bias and brand loyalty blindness (as was done by TriggerTime), the $500 to $750 (msrp) polymer pistols available today are extraordinarily reliable and accurate.

Glock, SW, FN, HK, Walther, etc. Heck, the internet is full of hi-point torture tests with incredible reliability.

Last edited:

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana

As I told you at the range quit limp wristing :):

Doddg. New bethel ordinary is delicious I only go a few times a year but well worth it.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    As I told you at the range quit limp wristing :):

Doddg. New bethel ordinary is delicious I only go a few times a year but well worth it.

1. I have not enjoyed pizza like that since Marietta, OH where I lived from 1970 - 1985.
    2. I thought that good pizza was lost in my youth, then I find this place that is making Pizza like I had in the 70s and 80s: I have a new lease on life now. :laugh:

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    1. I have not enjoyed pizza like that since Marietta, OH where I lived from 1970 - 1985.
    2. I thought that good pizza was lost in my youth, then I find this place that is making Pizza like I had in the 70s and 80s: I have a new lease on life now. :laugh:

Another good place is called some guys up by 56th street. Brick oven pizza. Also Bubbas 33 in Greenwood has pretty good pizza. Been told Big Woods has really good pizza also. I'll eventually try it. They have one in Franklin, Speedway, and a couple down south I want to say Bloomington and Nashville.

Top Bottom