Got the cops called on me today (+1 IMPD)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • $mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    I was cleaning guns out on the porch today (I can't clean in the house with an infant there) and after about an hour an IMPD car pulls up a couple houses down facing me. He watched for 10-15 minutes but never got out of his car. When he drove off he gave me the evil eye while I just waved (didn't blow kisses, sorry Kirk).

I'm guessing someone felt the need to call him in. He just looked sort of suspicious sitting there watching. But +1 for no encounter, as it should be.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    He's probably wondering why you aren't doing it inside.
    If you're not safe, and a bullet goes off, the siding of the house won't stop a bullet.

That said, cleaned plenty of guns at my house, and my parent's house outside.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Yep, those of us that live in the Ripple are usually surrounded by anti gun left wing liberal types. I feel as if I have to sneak stuff in and out of the house whenever I want to go to the range. The cop realized you weren't doing anything wrong and just went on his way, I'm guessing.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Same thing happened to me once but with LPD. I got yelled at by police and had some Glock 22s drawn at me because lib neighbors said I was shooting in my backyard. Didn't help the gun was an AK.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    He's probably wondering why you aren't doing it inside.
    If you're not safe, and a bullet goes off, the siding of the house won't stop a bullet.

That said, cleaned plenty of guns at my house, and my parent's house outside.

I assume it's because he uses chemicals to clean the guns, not good for little kids to breath. :dunno:

I think he's smart enough to unload the guns before he cleans them.

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    How dare you say that about Hoppes #9. Take that back. I was raised on it.
    :ar15:

haha me too i love the smell of that stuff...my girlfriend stares at me though when i open it in the apartment like i just let a skunk in or something, i just smile and walk to the porch and go about my business :):

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I usually clean my guns on the back patio. Luckily we have a privacy fence but with a little effort the neighbors could see what I am doing if they tried. I have considered cleaning my guns on the front porch just to send a message to a couple white trash neighbors we've had some run ins with. The neighbor's a few houses down had been shooting animals in the neighborhood with high powered pellet guns. If they hadn't already been warned and threatened by RPD for doing it, I would love to let them know that I can trump their pellet guns any day of the week.

Luckily I try to stay out of trouble so me & my guns stay in the back yard, at least for now.

Top Bottom