• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    So... I'm in a bit of a pickle. My roommate, who was one of the first people I met and befriended upon moving up to Bloomington 4 years ago, has decided not to pay rent. And not for one month, that would be a tiny resolvable spat, but for the entirety of the lease (from August until current). Fortunately, my landlord has been very gracious in letting me try to work out deals, but I know I'm reaching the end of his rope.

The strange thing about this is that none of my roommate's previous roommates have ever had any problems with him paying, and I've been friends with all of them for almost as long as I've known him. I haven't been able to get a hold of him, and he's mysteriously cleared out his room of anything important and valuable sometime in the past week.

What would any of you guys do? And what legal actions would anyone recommend, of course with the understanding that YANAL and YDNSAAHIE last night. I'm just looking for some advice on what to do in case I need to move ahead.

I had a room mate do that to me and my landlord was a d-bag. We were almost 2 months into a 2 year contract. Landlord wouldn't let me break it, he wouldn't put anyone else on the lease, and he wouldn't change the locks (room mate left almost all of his stuff, it got throw out/given away/sold). My advice is hunt the loser down and torture him before firebombing his entire family.

Top Bottom