'Merica
    Last edited:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Most licenses are nothing more than a piece of paper that showed you paid your taxes. Just like the Mafia, pay your license fees (taxes) and the government will leave you alone.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Expect more of this as the government thirst for funds intensifies. I would bet that the net on this is a loss though, the cost of the raids probably is greater than the fees and fines. Still, it does keep people busy.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I don't think you guys get it! When I was young and dumb, I once patronized an illegal barbershop, just to get a trim mind you. Three days later I wake up to find my entire body completely shaved, a dead spider monkey next to me on the couch, a needle hanging outta my arm, and three asian hookers laying dead in the backroom. I still have the scars from this dark chapter of my life, and don't even get me started about the poor quality of the haircut I received that fateful day. Damn you all for making light of this atrocity being committed in the otherwise safe streets of urban Florida. I salute the fine safety officers of that great state. God bless them for being there in our nations time of need.:patriot:

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    178   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    This sounds wonderful, it must mean that there is no real gang threat, no drug problem, no theft problem & a -0- murder rate, in other words a -0- crime rate.
    Cudos to them. Sounds like things are good enough for most of them to seek other employment as their services are no longer needed.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    As ridiculous as "cutting hair without a license" sounds, it probably goes beyond the barber simply being unlicensed.

A couple of things just off of the top of my head (yuk yuk) that I learned after dealing with trying to collect debts from these sorts of unlicensed beauty shops.

A.) they probably are not paying any federal, state or local taxes on any of their income.

B.) they are probably claiming to be unemployed &/or disabled & they are collecting some sort of public assistance.

C.) they have probably never had a health & safety inspection & couldn't probably pass one if the health department ever did pay them a visit.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    As ridiculous as "cutting hair without a license" sounds, it probably goes beyond the barber simply being unlicensed.

A couple of things just off of the top of my head (yuk yuk) that I learned after dealing with trying to collect debts from these sorts of unlicensed beauty shops.

A.) they probably are not paying any federal, state or local taxes on any of their income.

B.) they are probably claiming to be unemployed &/or disabled & they are collecting some sort of public assistance.

C.) they have probably never had a health & safety inspection & couldn't probably pass one if the health department ever did pay them a visit.

If any of those things were truly the case, then they should have been dealt with by those agencies instead of setting this nasty precedent with the police.

Also I can't imagine why the health department should possibly regulate haircuts.

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana

YOUR ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!
    That did just come off the top of your head. NOTHING in the news article about anything that you just mentioned. I mean, I could sit here all DAY and come up with reasons why the Sheriff's Dept. did this and did that.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    YOUR ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!
    That did just come off the top of your head. NOTHING in the news article about anything that you just mentioned. I mean, I could sit here all DAY and come up with reasons why the Sheriff's Dept. did this and did that.

Are any of them legal?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky

And this^^^is why this sort of thing is allowed to happen. Too many folks that say "well, I'm sure the cops had good reason to do what they did". Reminds me of that story about the nazis coming for different groups, and you sat back and did nothing, and then one day they came for YOU and there was nobody left to defend you.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I was just sharing some personal observations on these sorts of "unlicensed beauty shops" & the way they operate.

I wasn't endorsing the raid or saluting goose-stepping stormtroopers.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I cut my own hair and do it legally but only because I'm not running a buisness.

Don't worry the feds will eventually charge you with a crime. By you cutting your own hair, just like growing your own garden you are interfering with that intra-state federal commerce clause and thus big brother is going to come down on you eventually as well!

Think I'm joking? Google "arrested for growing a garden" and enjoy the reading. Here is one to start you off with:
    You May Be Arrested Soon For Growing A Tomato | FriendsEAT.com

It's all about :spend:

Top Bottom