• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Guys Guys Guys, where in the constitution does it say you have a right to work?

Everything is not always black and white Libertarianism and the Right to Work | Bleeding Heart Libertarians

Though I tend to side against right to work on principle.

But I doubt I could vote for Rupert based on other factors.

Wow... so somehow Libertarians can find a way to rationalize forcing people into Unions? Which is nowhere in the Constitution?

Rambone, you buy this??

So why aren't these guys run out of the LP on a rail for not being "pure" enough ?

While Rand Paul isn't a "Real Libertarian" because... uhh welll... why was that again???

Is this a case of "selective incrementalism"???

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Maybe Rupert was confused on right to work. He seemed confused... Maybe he lit one up before the debate...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Maybe Rupert was confused on right to work. He seemed confused... Maybe he lit one up before the debate...

I don't think it was the one he lit up just before this "performance". I think it was all the ones he lit up in the first 40+/- years of his life. :laugh:

The sad thing is that despite I find myself in agreement with a great many things libertarians do and I'd hazard to say, many Americans do too, Rupert epitomizes the stereotype many have of them.

Last edited:

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I listened to it on WOWO last night.

Rupert- I would not want him running my lemonade stand. Seems like a nice guy with the best of intentions, but. . . . .

Gregg- I disagreed with basically everything he said.

Pence- To be honest, I have always liked Mike, but that doesn't mean I agree with everything he does. In my opinion, by far the best of the three.

This is a easy decision for me, I am going for Mike.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I'm gratified to see that others are confirming my impression of Rupert from my brief contact with him. I had to chuckle over the concept of a Libertarian being against a law that says one need not be forced to join a union to get a job.

John Gregg was the Democrat Speaker of the House when Evan Bayh and his replacement were running up debt and expanding the government in the 90s; his current positions are unsurprising.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The Committee on who is a true libertarian must be having a meeting this morning... any bets on if poor Rupert is now branded NOT ONE OF US?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Overall not very impressed

And I was suprised to see the maintnance man from middle school there. O wait it was Rupert or maybe it was a chubby Charles Manson short the tat on the head, not sure ?

Yada yada yada people are what they are yada, but the man looked like bumb from the street in a suit and can not be taken seriously :twocents:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Overall not very impressed

And I was suprised to see the maintnance man from middle school there. O wait it was Rupert or maybe it was a chubby Charles Manson short the tat on the head, not sure ?

Yada yada yada people are what they are yada, but the man looked like bumb from the street in a suit and can not be taken seriously :twocents:

I foresee a very bright future for America.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    With all the permutations of types of libertarians, surely he fits in somewhere. Maybe one of these?

The 24 Types of Libertarian | Progressive Political Cartoon by Barry Deutsch

:laugh:

Heh. I saw several of our regulars there. Hell. I even saw MYSELF!

:):

I had a good chuckle out of a few of them for sure. I did not watch the debate but from the sound of it every bit of momentum the Libertarians picked up this election in Indiana might be lost.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I'm gratified to see that others are confirming my impression of Rupert from my brief contact with him. I had to chuckle over the concept of a Libertarian being against a law that says one need not be forced to join a union to get a job.

John Gregg was the Democrat Speaker of the House when Evan Bayh and his replacement were running up debt and expanding the government in the 90s; his current positions are unsurprising.

I'm convinced that it isn't the content of the law, but the fact that the law exists. It's enough that it's a law and that is all that is needed to know to oppose it.

Top Bottom