• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Sunday night about 9:00 PM, two of my sons and one DIL visited my home. Kinda of wondered what they were doing out so late, but one of my son's handed me a Henry Silver Boy he just purchased to show me. So great, I admired the rifle and handed it back, then he handed me a Kimber Solo. I had mentioned to both of the boys that I was planning to purchase one. I've been looking at them for several months, but have been helping my best friend out financially, so didn't feel I had the extra money available at the time. I said great looking gun, glad to see you bought one, I'd like to shoot it soon.

Both boys grinned and said, it is YOURS dad. WOW, I was floored. They said they knew I was really wanting one, so had gone together and purchased one for me! I sure have a GREAT family!

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    That's awesome. That says a lot about their love and respect for their dad as well! Good job bringing up two fine, young men!

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    That is a great family!

Mine is the opposite. My son has actually told me he can't wait until I die and he gets all my guns so he can sell them. What he doesn't know is I left everything to his 2 children.

Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    Adoption papers are in the mail. Tell them how much I LOVE THEM & let them know that I do give Christmas gifts every year to family members. (Something for them to look forward to ;) ) I also have accepted a few too . Purple! Purple! Purple! Really though, congrats on your good fortune!!

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Thanks for all the comments, I feel very lucky to have the family I have. I'm not sure what I did to deserve them, but am really proud of them.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for all the comments, I feel very lucky to have the family I have. I'm not sure what I did to deserve them, but am really proud of them.

In this case, sounds like deserve has everything to do with it. Congrats on the heartwarming gift, but most importantly congrats on being such a fine father! "They" always say that apples don't fall far from the tree (or something like that), and your sons must have had a pretty great role model growing up.

Thanks for posting such a day-brightening story!

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    That is a great family!

Mine is the opposite. My son has actually told me he can't wait until I die and he gets all my guns so he can sell them. What he doesn't know is I left everything to his 2 children.

That is so sad..........Very sorry to hear something like that.

Sad indeed. I would see to it that he never laid a hand on one of those guns. :twocents:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Being appreciated is what it's all about and your boys appreciate you. As the Wizardoffitz said, a job well done.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

Top Bottom