• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I shot at hillside shooting sports in Roanoke a couple weekends ago, very nice place. $15 for all day isn't too bad. They also have a very nice shop full of guns and ammo.

MCrupe

Plinker
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Kendallville
    I live in Kendallville which is about 30 miles north of Fort Wayne I have gone to Mile Corner firing range in Garrett a few times it $10 for 1 year membership and $10 an hour to shoot. I most often go to Pigeon River in Mongo its about 20 min from my house and there are no fees but you can only use paper targets clothes pinned to the provided snow fencing. They have a 25, 50, and 100 yard and 2 skeet shooting spots. I have been there many times and always have a good if you are in the area or dont mind the drive that is the place to go.

Tomfoolery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Auburn IN
    Auburn conservation club in Auburn,IN $30/year. Pigeon River Range in Mongo. No fees

Auburn conservation club is right off 427 (Tonkel Rd.) before the bridge at Foamex... country road... 58 (is that right???)

Pigeon River is a haul from Ft Wayne. Best way to get there out of the Fort is to get on Coldwater Rd and jsut keep going north for about 40 miles lol. Once you get past state road 20 you take a left at a little graveyard that is about 1000 years old and follow that till you reach the Pigeon River entrance. There is a big lodge and a sign that'll mark it. All kinds of crazy stuff out there. A lake that goes right up to the road, a rattlesnake farmer... it's country lol.

In Fort Wayne you can always go to Freedom Firearms and use their range. Not sure about cost and rules. "I got a good deal at Freedom Firearms (formerly H&H)" said no one... ever.

Miles Corner in Garret (also a straight shot up Coldwater about 20 minutes) has a indoor range as well. $20 yearly membership and a small per hour charge. I don't go there anymore... not sure about prices now.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Later this year there will be a new indoor range between Fort Wayne & New Haven. It will make Freedom's indoor range look crappier than it already is, and it should be more affordable.

In the meantime, I shoot at Roush or Hillside.

nemo97

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Later this year there will be a new indoor range between Fort Wayne & New Haven. It will make Freedom's indoor range look crappier than it already is, and it should be more affordable.

In the meantime, I shoot at Roush or Hillside.

Already in the process of being built?

dchiu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Shooting Range

My favorite shooting range would have to be Hillside Shooting range in Roanake, but I have to say the nicest range would be the one in Hungtington near Roush Lake. Hillside costs $15 the whole day kinda expensive compared to the $4 all day at Huntington.

There are pros and cons on both ranges. Hillside is more open and has a farther rifle range, and Huntington has a range master.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    It will be in an existing building remodeled for range use. I was told Spring-Summer, somewhere in that time frame.

It's not along the new Maplecrest extension is it? I saw some construction out there and thought the area would be amazing for a range. :)

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    The building I was told about is at the corner of 930 & Meyer Road, across the street from Settle Auto Sales. My source is very reliable and wants to put Freedom's range out of business. I am all for it. Wouldn't it be awesome to have an indoor range that wasn't a dungeon and had polite staffing?

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    The building I was told about is at the corner of 930 & Meyer Road, across the street from Settle Auto Sales. My source is very reliable and wants to put Freedom's range out of business. I am all for it. Wouldn't it be awesome to have an indoor range that wasn't a dungeon and had polite staffing?

Indeed. I've got a free pass for Freedom and have driven past it to go stand in the cold on multiple occasions. I live about 2 minutes from 930 & Meyer...if they have good ventilation and an annual membership I know myself and about 8 others who are guaranteed to buy one if it's reasonable. Tell them if they need any IT services, I might be willing to donate my labor in exchange for range time (I have loads of references). ;)

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Hillside is more open and has a farther rifle range, and Huntington has a range master.

Is he a Range Nazi, or does he actually have a decent personality? I've heard conflicting reports. I do need to go down there and check them out though.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Is he a Range Nazi, or does he actually have a decent personality? I've heard conflicting reports. I do need to go down there and check them out though.

Depends, Bob is awesome at Huntington.

I am getting a membership @ hillside when it warms up. Their prices are reasonable for what you actually get. $250 individual unlimited, $350 for a family unlimited. If you don't go often it's $15/trip or $150 a year and $10 a trip.

The facilities are very nice, and the rifle range is pretty nice. Only been to the pistol ranges as I don't have a centerfire rifle yet...

My vote would be Hillside.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You should check out Busco (Ideal Fish and Wildlife). It's basically just an open area with a couple of huts for rifle, but it's generally pretty empty and you can rapid fire/move around/etc... It's only $25 a year too, and they have trap events.

SOLD!

I'm going to have to head up there. Is there usually someone there to let you in / pay?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    He called the range hot while I was changing targets. So... YMMV.

Ha! I had that happen too!

EDIT:
    Both Range masters there are ok. You will follow the rules though.
    THIS. Fred can go nuts if you don't follow the rules - usually with a tirade of expletives mutter under his breath. Kind of funny, actually. But there's nothing funny about some of the stupid things I seen (1st prize - walking down the range to post targets as others are firing).

Last edited:

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    My parents have 50 yd range with a nice sand backstop and my neighbors have a 100 yd rife range and a 50 ft pistol range, I usually shoot there unless the weather is too cold than I will go to Freedom.
    I would be interested in getting a group together up here and shooting sometime.

Top Bottom