• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tjhkahunna

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2017
    Greenwood
    My brother and I both just got calls from Dean?? He said he was calling on behalf of Paul for Grey Wolf. He said they were talking with ATF and that they were trying to get all the suppressors that they already had expedited. He said as soon as he had any more information that he would be calling people. ?? He said that they were calling all the contact numbers that they were given for transfers. I really hope this speeds up the process. Time will tell.

diavic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    My brother and I both just got calls from Dean?? He said he was calling on behalf of Paul for Grey Wolf. He said they were talking with ATF and that they were trying to get all the suppressors that they already had expedited. He said as soon as he had any more information that he would be calling people. ?? He said that they were calling all the contact numbers that they were given for transfers. I really hope this speeds up the process. Time will tell.

I also got a call today. He said everything is still on schedule, but I will be picking up the can at a different place on the west side. He also said they were working with the ATF to try to get any pending transfers expedited.

Jm45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2017
    Avon
    Hey john110 -
    I too have am waiting on a stamp for a suppressor submitted June2016. I had another one submitted May2016 and got that one back in late Nov2016. But the other one I am still waiting on. Before the shop closed at end of January, I saw they had a stack of ~ 8 suppressors still waiting on a stamp.

The owner is Paul Gibson. He told me that they are keeping the name "Grey Wolf Firearms" active and valid to complete the FFL transfers. I called SilencerCo and while they did not / could not provide me with a lot of information, they confirmed this is not an unusual situation. They did tell me that that there is a huge backlog and there are lots of reports of other people in a similar position. As best I can tell, the flood of submissions that came in right before the law changed combined with some internal changes after Nov 3rd has caused a huge backlog with a trickle of approvals.
    So while I am nervous, I have no reason not to trust Paul Gibson yet.
    Paul also owns an elevator company in Indianapolis: "Indy Elevator" .

Last edited by a moderator:

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    SOT tax is paid July 1st of every year. So if they paid theirs last year, it's good till June 31st, 2017.

From the conversation I had with ATF, even their license expires, they are still allowed to complete the already pending transfers(if they choose to do so) since the $200 tax was paid while their license was still valid.

They also could surrender the pending "firearms" to the ATF, but it rarely happens unless the FFL holder has done something really bad/illegal.

NFA rarely expedite Forms except for those SOT whom are terminally ill/death, or I have read a case few years ago a part-time FFL was a reserve office in the guard unit got called back active duty.

I've seen early June paper Form 4's coming back so you may not wait for long.

Last edited:

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I agree. Previously it wasn't even a blip on my radar when it came to LGS's but with the new owner and staff it's my main "go to" shop.
    Dan

Didnt know now there was new management. The few times I had been in there years ago, I got the impression it was another "good old boys" shop. Never got that welcome feeling there that I did at Grey Wolf and PSS. I let a $30ish credit go there a couple years ago just because I didn't want to go in.

Matt

Taylor22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 3, 2016
    Morgan county
    There is a new gun shop in Avon right behind the Kroger on Avon avenue. Is this related to Grey wolf in any way? I'm not even sure it's open yet. Just saw it yesterday and the windows were blacked out

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Right now would be a very bad moment to open a gun shop.

Agreed but keep in mind how long it takes to get everything in place to open the doors. I imagine the wait time to get your FFL is 4-6 months. (No fact just opinion.) They may have started the process before the election. I think it's going to be tough to stay in business.
    Dan

Jm45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2017
    Avon
    For anyone else waiting on suppressors from Grey Wolf Firearms.... Got a call from Paul the owner of former Grey Wolf Firearms. Said my stamp had come in for suppressor I submitted back in June 2016. Picking it up tomorrow.

tjhkahunna

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2017
    Greenwood
    Mine too. About 2 weeks ago. I got a call from Dean. I had to go over to Paul's other business office, (Indy Elevator) to pick it up. Paul and Dean were both there and things went as smooth as I guess they could. I also submitted back last June. The fact that Grey-Wolf closed really sucks but I don't know if that delayed anything. The first one that I bought a couple years ago took 5 months and I thought that was ridiculous. The times just keep stretching out. Something has to change.

Top Bottom