jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi...

Did you catch that I wanted one speaker-mic as well (in black if there are choices)?
    Just a single one, not one for each radio.

Thanks,

Si & No. :D
    Your total did/does reflect the mic but the text in post 2 did not show it BUT BUT it is/was on the excel order sheet. :)

jeeper038

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Count me in for 1 blue and 1 black radio with 2 AAA packs.

I will pick them up in Griffith.
    Thanks for organizing this.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    updated was to pay.
    Forgot that we can do Chase Quick Pay (if you have a Chase account) and Capital One 'quick pay' (if you have a Capital One, former ING Direct account).

NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    Sent Paypal for the amount due.

If you choose to send money to family / friend (not pay for goods), you will be given the option of paying the fees. This keeps Jedi from getting charged, and keeps it from becoming a cash advance on your credit card (usually a higher interest rate)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Updated to reflect money received from NavyVet and Cyprant.

Sent Paypal for the amount due.

If you choose to send money to family / friend (not pay for goods), you will be given the option of paying the fees. This keeps Jedi from getting charged, and keeps it from becoming a cash advance on your credit card (usually a higher interest rate)

Good info.
    There are 2 reasons why I won't want to go via the PayPal invoice/request for money route.

#1 The PayPal fee imposed when someone pays with a credit card.
    There is no way around that fee. When a credit card is used someone in the purchases process (ie. buyer, seller, clearing house [PayPal]) has to pay the 1%-3% VISA/MASTERCARD/DISCOVER/AMERICAN EXPRESS fee charge for using their cards.

When you buy a $1 burger at McDonald's your CC bill shows $1 but McDs does **NOT** get $1 they get $.99 cause the CC company gets to keep .01 of it. Same case with a PayPal account (except the fee is a bit higher for me since I'm not a big vendor; the more sales you make the lower the CC transaction % but it will NEVER be 0%).

#2 Due to Obamacare, PayPal is now required to issue 1099-Ks for all PayPal accounts that receive a credit card payment. They report this income to the IRS. Thus now the IRS can see if what you made in online sales matches with what you are reporting for your business.

Since this group buy IS NOT a business transaction (ie. I'm not making any money off of it, nor is it being run by my business. In fact I'll be losing 1% in the end since I'll be using a credit card to pay the Hong Kong vendor and my credit card will hit me with a 1% fee to processing an international purchase.) I don't want these funds showing up on my business 1099-K. The only way to avoid that is via the PayPal to PayPal funds transfer (ie. NOT using a Credit Card). That is why for those of using paying for shipping if the shipping is lower I will send you back a check for the difference even if it's 0.01 cents. This way I have written proof that this was a group buy and not a business transaction (for profit)
    if the IRS were to audit me.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    IF YOU ARE SENDING A PAYPAL PAYMENT PLEASE BE CAREFUL NOT TO SEND THE FUNDS FOR SERVICE BUT AS A 'FAMILY OR FRIENDS' TRANSFER.

If you do not have the funds in your PayPal account you have to put money into your account **BEFORE** you send it to me otherwise it will be send as a "payment for services/item" (ie. a paypal fee + looks like a sale).

ZombiePanda

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Still can't PM. :(

Jedi, I say go with vendor 1. The small amount saved by going with vendor 2 isn't enough for me to want to take a chance on an unknown. Also, the more packages sent increases the chances of something going wrong in transit. Not saying vendor 2 is bad, just not worth ditching a known (reliable) entity for the amount saved.

My :twocents:.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom