• Status
    Not open for further replies.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    You guys are way behind. There is already a place like this.

front_sight_12.jpg

Its called Front Sight Training Institute.

Front Sight Firearms Training Institute

They have plans for selling house lots and making their own community.

I like the signature Chris.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    It doesn't look very inviting. Where's the trees? It's not a living area.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I believe that is just the range portion. They housing section is still being planned.

And you know how every "compound" has their leader? Well Dr. Ignatius Piazza definately fits the bill! lol

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Cant forget "THE LAB". Everyplace has to have "THE LAB" wtih a scientist:

"So, Dr. Ochiro, what do you have for us today?"
    "A special beam to defeat the robotic Hannah Montana!"
    "Awesome!"

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I believe that is just the range portion. They housing section is still being planned.

You're missing the point. Unless the housing portion is located 200 miles away, the whole thing is in the middle of a freakin' desert.

OTOH, at least I won't have to mow.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Cant forget "THE LAB". Everyplace has to have "THE LAB" wtih a scientist:

"So, Dr. Ochiro, what do you have for us today?"
    "A special beam to defeat the robotic Hannah Montana!"
    "Awesome!"

I believe I could fill this role. Of course, I might get demoted to Igor, Hunchbacked Assistant 3rd Class, if a better scientist or engineer comes along.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    The government would most likely consider it a terrorist training camp, influence the public to think so using the media and invade/sanctions. Damn.

Doubt it, they don't consider Islamberg one... google it, terrorist training facility in New York. Few months back cnn and fox had articles where locals near the compound reported hearing gunshots every day, explosion like sounds, etc etc.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I would honestly propose a gated community. The Rich can have theirs... why can't we have ours? We could set it up as a not for profit corporation.

It's working for Islamberg... they are a militant Islamic non-profit community in New York... and the government lets them operate... and they are on the reservoir that supplies New York with it's water... so I don't see why there couldn't be "2ndamendmentberg"

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I fought with the HOA once regarding a tree. Found out where they lived and talked to them personally. They tend to get very compliant when faced personally. They used to hold meetings, but didnt invite anyone, so only the few could have a say in our community. That changed after some "coercing". I made them an offer they cant refuse (Luca Brazzo held a gun to their head and...). Just kidding, but I did talk to them and now have a nice japanese maple in the front yard.

If built I would like to add:
    -Solarium
    -Pool room
    -Conservatory (music)

We were the first house in an addition... 2 years after we had lived their a HOA was formed... and they started telling us we needed to change things. We never once paid them a dime of their dues and told them where to stick it... guess what, the same people that were leading it were foreclosed on hahaha... we came before, we out lasted. :) Screw HOA's

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    We were the first house in an addition... 2 years after we had lived their a HOA was formed...
    The ONLY way for a HOA to really be effective is if it is written into the land covenants that pre-exist the sale of the lots of a subdivision. Any 'after the fact' HOA is going to be impotent unless it somehow attains legal standing from a government authority (not going to happen here in Indiana but might work in a state like Illinois). If the HOA pre-exists the sale of the property and is enforceable by land covenants then there is no way to not pay. Sooner or later people will be forced to pay if the land covenants pre-exist and endorse the HOA, most have a clause that allows for a 'lien' to be applied to the property that prevents the sale of the property without paying the past due "dues" plus most will assign interest for all past due funds, very few will allow for 'penalties' to be levied.

I would suggest that a HOA that attempts to form after the properties have begun to be developed is completely 'voluntary' and basically a silly waste of time and energy.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    You're missing the point. Unless the housing portion is located 200 miles away, the whole thing is in the middle of a freakin' desert.

OTOH, at least I won't have to mow.

Tell that to the FLDS! lmao

majzion_wideweb__470x313,0.jpg

Last edited:

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Tell that to the Mormons! lmao

majzion_wideweb__470x313,0.jpg

Are you sure that isn't an FLDS temple... If so than that is NOT anything Mormon (that would be LDS). That is an FLDS compound (practicing polygamists, entirely separate from the LDS church), very different groups of people.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom