• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I'm starting to get an idea of what happened using the superior brain power of the Ortega family, going back to Poncho Villa Ortega.

We all know CatielynnB is in the market for a pistol. So is her sister. They live in Louisville. You had TWO pistols stolen IN Louisville. We haven't heard anything from Catie lately. Hmmmm. The obvious conclusion is.......... her birthday probably isn't October the 13th. Case closed. (Please post pics of her and her accomplice sister in cuffs.)

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I'm starting to get an idea of what happened using the superior brain power of the Ortega family, going back to Poncho Villa Ortega.

We all know CatielynnB is in the market for a pistol. So is her sister. They live in Louisville. You had TWO pistols stolen IN Louisville. We haven't heard anything from Catie lately. Hmmmm. The obvious conclusion is.......... her birthday probably isn't October the 13th. Case closed. (Please post pics of her and her accomplice sister in cuffs.)

I know for a fact that her birthday is not October 13th; no fellow October-Thirteenthian would steal from me!

As for the handcuff pics, it may be awhile; my car is currently in the shop. Broken window and all.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Remember, spoons didn't make Rosie O'Donnel fat...so don't think your guns are "running around Louisville in some thugs hands, causing who knows what trouble".

Sorry to hear about your losses. Live and learn.

Yeah, I get that, and I understand that one somebody does with them isn't technically my fault. But I would still feel bad if I ever heard that somebody got shot with one of my guns.

Unless it was the guy that stole 'em, and he shoots his dick off trying to jam it into his pants. Then imma laugh my ass off for like a month.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Your deductible must be insanely high, or you had a hi point and a jennings in there...

Hope you get em back, there is also a stolen firearms thread for you to post serials for people to keep an eye out.

OP - Double T is on to something here! I know how we can fix this...

I have a Jennings J22 and a Hi-point JH45 that I could give you. This will replace your stolen guns. Then, if they get stolen again, the Jennings will probably come apart in the perps hand if he trys to shoot it which will keep other people safe from his criminal activity.

So I see this as "killing" two birds with one stone. However, the only draw-back I see is if the criminals break your window again when they try to return these two fine handguns to your vehicle:D

In all seriousness - sorry for the loss of your guns and your broken window. That truley sucks...

ClydeB

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    Southern Hoosier
    I'm a Hoosier that works in Louisville too. What part of Louisville did this happen in if you don't mind me asking?

What happened to you is always a worry of mine. Company I work for is a 'no carry, concealed or otherwise' place. And I have to leave mine in my vehicle during the day.

catielynnb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Louisville
    I actually checked this when I got back in the car; the steering wheel wasn't even "locked" when I got back in. As in, nobody had been trying to mess with it since I got out of the car. I don't think they ever intended to steal the car; they were just there to grab what wasn't nailed down and run. Change out of the ash tray, leather jacket off the front seat, sunglasses out of the console, and the bag out of the back.

Not the culprit here. I don't need a leather jacket, I've got some of my own spare change, and I highly doubt BlueEagles sunglasses would fit me. Just cause I live .... on the other side of the river.

Also, Happy Birthday. :)
    I hear someone has a Llama for sale, are we talking the pet-able kind?

Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    See, if we were allowed to carry our guns with us all the time this wouldn't happen. It makes me have to poop.

Anyway, I've got a small safe that can fit a couple of pistols and it has a floor mounting kit. I've thought of mounting it to the floor of my car to keep my gun in the car when I can't take it with me. Have you considered something like that? It has a kit that allows you to screw it into the floor but I plan to screw it in and then tack weld it underneath to prevent removal.

mlzoiss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Carmel, IN
    I saw an episode of a gun show where thy flipped up the seat in the back and had a gun "locked" in with a combo, very cool. Also, if you just have a gun in the car (not a forgotten range bag, as in this case) why can't you just lock it in the glove box?

Kjones

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Elkhart
    that sucks, sorry to hear that. Had that happen to my dad in the middle of the night, stole his radio, 9mm, along with some other stuff. Happy birthday though, and good luck on the wedding

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I'm a Hoosier that works in Louisville too. What part of Louisville did this happen in if you don't mind me asking?

What happened to you is always a worry of mine. Company I work for is a 'no carry, concealed or otherwise' place. And I have to leave mine in my vehicle during the day.

I work downtown; about a block and a half from 4th Street Live, in a parking garage. So it can be a shady neighborhood at times; most notably, at night. Which is why I normally try NOT to leave things in my vehicle, but of course the one time that I do forget.... :p

As for a floor mounted safe Bung, I actually have been thinking of picking up one of those small ones that has the cable that wraps around the seat mounting brackets. It's not AS secure as mounting it directly to the floor, but it would be good enough for this situation. Unless the thieves brought a LARGE pair of bolt cutters or had the tools and time to remove the seats, they wouldn't be able to carry it off.

And finally, I wanted to throw a shout-out to Officer Paris, of the LMPD; after one slightly incredulous "Why'd you have that in your car?" he was all business, and didn't hassle me at all about the guns, multiple magazines, and ammunition that I was reporting. No name calling or asking me why I needed that in my car, just got the information and went along his way. I appreciate not being made to feel like a criminal; it really helped to make the experience all a bit more tolerable. I was concerned when I called them that they would give me crap about it, and that I would have to explain to them how the ordinance that the parking garage has posted against guns actually no longer exists, etc etc, but it was actually fairly painless.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I work downtown; about a block and a half from 4th Street Live, in a parking garage. So it can be a shady neighborhood at times; most notably, at night. Which is why I normally try NOT to leave things in my vehicle, but of course the one time that I do forget.... :p

As for a floor mounted safe Bung, I actually have been thinking of picking up one of those small ones that has the cable that wraps around the seat mounting brackets. It's not AS secure as mounting it directly to the floor, but it would be good enough for this situation. Unless the thieves brought a LARGE pair of bolt cutters or had the tools and time to remove the seats, they wouldn't be able to carry it off.

And finally, I wanted to throw a shout-out to Officer Paris, of the LMPD; after one slightly incredulous "Why'd you have that in your car?" he was all business, and didn't hassle me at all about the guns, multiple magazines, and ammunition that I was reporting. No name calling or asking me why I needed that in my car, just got the information and went along his way. I appreciate not being made to feel like a criminal; it really helped to make the experience all a bit more tolerable. I was concerned when I called them that they would give me crap about it, and that I would have to explain to them how the ordinance that the parking garage has posted against guns actually no longer exists, etc etc, but it was actually fairly painless.
    OMG! You have to be one of those heartless, scumbag right wingers! If you weren't you'd accept full responsibility for those poor unfortunate people who were forced to take your stuff because they are disadvantaged. They couldn't help themselves. They learned in school that they are special.:):

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    OMG! You have to be one of those heartless, scumbag right wingers! If you weren't you'd accept full responsibility for those poor unfortunate people who were forced to take your stuff because they are disadvantaged. They couldn't help themselves. They learned in school that they are special.:):

Actually I find myself more in moderation lately. I've heavily to the right on guns and self defense and whatnot, but I'm extremely left with personal liberties and rights.

Which I figure balances me right about in the middle.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    See, this is exactly why I think carry restriction rules are far more dangerous than just keeping your gun on you, where it is safest. Yeah, I get it that OP left a bag in the car from a recent range trip, but, can you imagine how many guns are stolen on a daily basis in this country because legal gun owners can't carry into their place of employment?

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    There has got to be some correlation here....how many Indiana Gun Owners can have a birthday of October 13th, and what are the chances that they would all stop in to this particular thread?

Because on our birthdays, we know they're better spent looking up gun related things on ingunowners.com !

Top Bottom